[Archive] New Raging Heroes Lamassu!

Grimstonefire:

It seems my thread here was what drew their attention, they will be posting here soon.

I would have bought one anyway to convert, but one with a lamassu head is a definite purchase from me (pretty much regardless of the cost).  Some ‘mounted dwarf’ legs would be handy as well.

GRNDL:

This was supposed to be my entry for GH XIII -if the could have delivered this in time - but they couldn't guarantee it :(

clam
Disqualified!! Has to fit on a 20mm base and rank up. ;P

furrie:

Lol.  Either the Raging Heroes guys are reading this, or someone has mentioned our plans to them.
On a final note, some strange short people with leang beards and very big hats have been thinking abut converting it into a lamasu. This was something we hadn't thought of... We might offer an alternate head that could be purchased separately.
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/30/324486.page

Grimstonefire
Who said that, the are monking us, with need to declare war :s

Fequiil:

Lol.  Either the Raging Heroes guys are reading this, or someone has mentioned our plans to them.
On a final note, some strange short people with leang beards and very big hats have been thinking abut converting it into a lamasu. This was something we hadn't thought of... We might offer an alternate head that could be purchased separately.
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/30/324486.page

Grimstonefire
Who said that, the are monking us, with need to declare war :s

furrie
WAR?!
they're giving us a lamassu!:D

Hazkar:

nice one,pretty cool mini.thats something my army could need

and that moloss mini clam showed,saw that a while ago and fall in love with that thing

Zanko:

Great Manticore … pardon me Lammasu! :hat off

Love it! :smiley:

They make very cool models but I cannot buy every stuff …

:hashut

Raging Heroes:

Hey Grimstonefire, you’ve won yourself a Manticore… pardon me, a Lamassu! At Raging Heroes, we have this policy that anyone can submit miniature ideas. And if it is one we had not thought of, than the person automatically receives the miniature for free once it comes out!
So thank you for this very clever idea, and thanks everyone on this forum for the great feedback so far.

By the way, regarding Moloss&Minion, we are thinking about a re-release the 54mm version with as a large best of burden for 28mm armies. Instead of the insane little cupid and its set of drums, Moloss would carry on his back a large platform with some kind of altar or palanquin dedicated to some dark gods or other. What do you think?

Grimstonefire:

Awesome!! :o That is the best thing I’ve ever won I must say.

cornixt:

Damn you Grim!

Congrats. That is an awesome win.

Great to have the miniatures company on here too. I suggest a big winged bull :wink:

Grimstonefire:

Needless to say I will be painting it up as best I can, so it features in the Word of Hashut.

That model would be good as a generic Chaos Warshrine I think.  As the creature looks like an enslaved ogre it does make me wonder if a scraplauncher would be more fitting on the back? Or maybe a bolt thrower…

Thommy H:

I have an idea for them to make a model of an entire Chaos Dwarf army, complete with monsters and artillery. Can I have that model for free now?

nitroglysarine:

that’s an awesome rule!

tjub:

Haha, thats great! Congrats Grim! :slight_smile:

Shakhorth:

Oh that’s so cool, congratz Grim!

clam:

Congreats, Grim :cheers

- and Thommy, it has to been an idea they hadn’t thought off - and one they will actually do - and after WF every company is already considering doing evil stunties - lol!

This was supposed to be my entry for GH XIII -if the could have delivered this in time - but they couldn’t guarantee it :frowning:

clam
Disqualified!! Has to fit on a 20mm base and rank up. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

GRNDL
Nope, only has to be on a game legal base - no one said it should be a dwarf - so 25x50mm and a ‘count as’ a mounted hobgoblin could have worked :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
By the way, regarding Moloss&Minion, we are thinking about a re-release the 54mm version with as a large best of burden for 28mm armies. Instead of the insane little cupid and its set of drums, Moloss would carry on his back a large platform with some kind of altar or palanquin dedicated to some dark gods or other. What do you think?

Raging Heroes
A platform on the back of Moloss is definitely something you should consider. Had there been ‘room’ for a dwarf on his back, I would have bought one immediately after first seeing this excellent sculpt. And changing it to more like an alter will make it even more attractive for WfB games. Almost every evil army could find a way to field a mounted character carried into battle on the back of a slave. So I would say go for such a variant, please - and don’t hesitate doing an evil dwarf to go with it.

Grimstonefire:

From comments on Dakka it looks like they’re aiming for a release some time in the next 6-8 weeks, hopefully by christmas.

Wings are being redone a bit to look less ragged. Base is being made lighter, tail may have some reworking too. Head for lammasu.

I’m still hoping for some mounted dwarf legs, as it would make a rider conversion a lot easier.

Fequiil:

what about a chaos dwarf sorcerer on his back? or two?

AGPO:

Raging Heroes
This would make an epic basis for a warshrine, especially for Slaanesh

The_Bear_in_the_Hat:

That thing puts my $8 Lammasu idea to shame…alas :frowning:

Does anyone know what the quality of their materials is like?

Grimstonefire:

Raging Heroes have shown their updated model

Also the Lamassu concept art! Looks perfect to me.