[Archive] New Shedu/Sphinx head from Raging Heroes

tvandyke:

As you all probably know, Raging Heroes released a Lammasu Head that fit on their Manticore body that created a pretty cool looking Lammasu. But GW threatened legal action because the Lammasu Head looked too similar to GW’s Lammasu, so Raging Heroes decided to simply stop selling it rather than have a legal battle. Most of us have still been able to get the Lammasu head by ordering the Manticore and asking if they’d include the Lammasu head as a gift (they’re now calling it a Shedu head). I’m assuming they’ll continue to do this until they run out, however, I just received a newsletter from them and this is what it said about future releases:

"Sandwiched between these releases is a new evil Shedu / Sphinx head that you will be able to fit on your own demonic creatures as well as on our Manticore. Look for it in our next newsletter."

I’m not sure how different they’ll make it but it’s sure to be pretty cool. My guess is that they’ll make it different enough from GW’s but still be very Lammasu like. Stay tuned.

aka_mythos:

On their website they changes the Manticore’s description to say that “the other head” in the video is no longer available. Its probably all part of this move.

Da Crusha:

It is probably enough to just sell it separately as an alternate head. that is what heresy did with their blight (Plaguebearer) Heads after Gw harassed them.

at least several people were fortunate enough to get the head for free. I bought 2 of them when they were still purchasable. like 7 Dollars a piece. being the frugal gamer that I am this didn’t sit well. :expressionless:

Coopervisor:

Interesting to know, I’ve been looking for a “lamassu” head to use with the GW plastic Manticore kit. Will keep on eye out on this. Thanks.

aka_mythos:

My only concern is that they may change the sculpt to make it acceptable to GW… at which point they may change it too much.

Da Crusha:

well, heresy just sold theirs as an alternate head, rather than a very similar (non gw) model, at least that is what I understand.

aka_mythos:

GW and their bullying ways… Neither had a legal reason they had to change beyond the potential for litigation.

French_noodle:

Well, i think GW don’t scare Raging Heroes anymore :

Shedu / Sphinx head - Raging Heroes Wholesale Store

Just bought one. And i’m pretty glad people stop thinking GW can’t own every mythological creatures they have been using over the years.

tvandyke:

Well, i think GW don't scare Raging Heroes anymore :

http://www.ragingheroes.mybigcommerce.com/shedu-sphinx-head/

Just bought one. And i'm pretty glad people stop thinking GW can't own every mythological creatures they have been using over the years.

French_noodle
I noticed they changed it slightly. I have the original and the only difference I can see is that mine has a nose ring and bottom tusks. The new one has a mustache and no tusks. Other than that, they're the same. I wonder if this would work with the new Bull Centaurs from FW. Head swap and used as a champion?

gIL^:

Well, i think GW don't scare Raging Heroes anymore :

http://www.ragingheroes.mybigcommerce.com/shedu-sphinx-head/

Just bought one. And i'm pretty glad people stop thinking GW can't own every mythological creatures they have been using over the years.

French_noodle
I noticed they changed it slightly.  I have the original and the only difference I can see is that mine has a nose ring and bottom tusks.  The new one has a mustache and no tusks.  Other than that, they're the same.  I wonder if this would work with the new Bull Centaurs from FW.  Head swap and used as a champion?

tvandyke
This head would be to massive, This is a head replacement for something like a bloodthirster.

tvandyke:

This head would be to massive, This is a head replacement for something like a bloodthirster.

gIL^
I'm not so sure. Those new Centaurs look huge.

RichardC1967:

I just bought a Raging Heroes Manticore from a seller on BT, It came with the original Shedu/Lammasu head with the nose ring and tusks…I haven’t reccieved it yet, but was wondering if its possible to magnetize both heads so you could switch between Manticore an Lammasu?, and will anyone here that already has the complete model be buying the new version head just for the hell of it?

fairoaks024:

i just went to buy one on the site, but they want £13.00 postage!

my interest declined rapidly

regards

jim

RichardC1967:

regards

jim

fairoaks024
that's because its mailed discreetly in a plain brown wrapper, so the Agents of GW won't intercept it enroute

French_noodle:

I noticed they changed it slightly
Didn't notice until now...

Well, the new one is pretty cool. The first one was better, it is true.

But it is a start. Maybe they will try later, who knows...

Grimstonefire:

Lol. Looks like GW has copyrighted tusks and that was what the issue was!?

CopperPot:

I like the new head but that postage is just crap.

CopperPot:

RichardC1967:

Lol.  Looks like GW has copyrighted tusks and that was what the issue was!?

Grimstonefire
no, I think they copyrighted nose rings too..:o

RichardC1967:

CopperPot

regards

jim

I just bought one and the postage cost around a fiver dude.

fairoaks024
Holy crap, that's almost $30.00 American money for shipping..so shipping is 4 times as much as the actual product...