[Archive] New Squats in the next mistery box?

wallacer:

I was rather hoping the mystery box might be Space Hulk.

Henroth:

Think this is the link, I guess:

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2009/08/40k-rumors-you-can-cut-tension-with.html

And all the fuss seems to be about this picture:

What appears to be a Demiurge

clam
We Remember the art conceptual of Demiurgs :

Be similar the photo and the art conceptual, no ?

Kera foehunter:

I just hope the box is not empty!!! It probable full of price increases for the next year

Grimstonefire:

I just hope the box is not empty!!! It probable full of price increases for the next year

Kera foehunter
Lol. That wouldn't surprise me.  People pay £68 for an official GW box with question marks on it!  Awesome.  A real collectors piece.

In about 48 hours we should know.

Thommy H:

The topic of this thread can’t possibly have any bearing on what GW might or might not release, just so everyone knows - WH40K Roleplay (which encompasses Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader) is not produced in-house, Fantasy Flight Games have the license. If the photo is real (and it’s probably not), it’s happening on the same desk as Rogue Trader stuff which is not in the GW studio.

So unless the guys in the studio who approve Fantasy Flight’s work also have sprues of new figures just lying around the place, this has no bearing whatsoever on anything.

Kera foehunter:

Think this is the link, I guess:

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2009/08/40k-rumors-you-can-cut-tension-with.html

And all the fuss seems to be about this picture:

What appears to be a Demiurge

clam
We Remember the art conceptual of Demiurgs :

Be similar the photo and the art conceptual, no ?

Henroth
i hope those big beasty things are trolls for warhammer they look great

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3860726#post3860726

I managed to get new pics on the Warseer thread (page 10), i would have put them on here but photobucket is playing up for me :frowning:

Grimstonefire:

GRNDL:

Trust me, working on a licenced property rarely gets you access to unreleased material. Most of the time its hard enough just getting reference material. Having a licence attached to a product is the creative equivalent of slopping seconds.

Kera foehunter:

Slopping Seconds wow what a way of words lmao .

@ grims look like a space dwarf i think

AGPO:

I doubt very much they’re GW, but another group producing ‘squats’ would be very cool too.

Swissdictator:

If another group did Squats, or Chaos Squats, I might do a command squad for a painting contest at some point.

AGPO:

I’ve often thought of converting squats/demiurg. I’d need more experience with greenstuff to get the faces right but I can see how they’d work. I’d probablly use them as a space marine proxy army:

Commander - Warlord

Techmarine - Guild Engineer

Chaplin - Ancestor Priest

Librarian - Rune Priest

Tactical squads - Demiurg Clansmen

Scouts - Beardlings

Rhino/Predator - War Wagon

Terminators - Hearthguard in exo-armour

Land Speeders - Gyrocopters

Devastator Squads - Thunderer squads

Bike Squads - Trike Squads

Attack bikes - Exo Trikes

Dreadnoughts - Battle Suit variants

Tanks - Land Crawler variants

Land Raider - Heavy Land Crawler

The Brain:

I've often thought of converting squats/demiurg. I'd need more experience with greenstuff to get the faces right but I can see how they'd work. I'd probablly use them as a space marine proxy army:

AGPO
They could work for space marines becuase of the T4, but if you look at the original squat models they are better suited to Imperial Guard. I use mine for guard and the exo armoured ones make nice Grey Knight allies.