[Archive] New Vampire Counts Models

ashur:

They keep making bigger and bigger weapons. Start being ridiculous.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

The corpse cart is indeed straight from Warcraft, and I like it. If they had not made it, I would have had to make one myself instead of a black coach! ^^

AGPO:

The skeles are good but suffer once again from beignSO DAMN EXPENSIVE I WON'T BE ABLE TO AFFORD THEM

AGPO
They are plastic, so they should not be too expensive.

Theory_Man
Well at �18 pounds a regimetn that is now too expensive for anything which is not part of one of my main armies. GW have well and truly priced me out. After over a decade in the hobby I can no longer afford new armies, full stop

Ghrask Dragh:

Corpse cart is awesome, love it!!

The skeletons look pretty good, I have been very impressed with the some of the new plastics since they started designing the on computers, the new Black orcs and flagellents in particular.

The characters are again good, but didn’t have the WOW factor that you should get when you see these new models for the first time, like the first time I saw Gorbad Ironclaw, Vlad is still very cool though IMO.

I won’t be collecting a VC army but the mounted general/character will definetly be making it’s way to my desktop!!

Awesome :cheers

clam:

Love the Corps Cart - anyone knowing anything about the rules for it?

And I’m definitely going for a box or two of those new skeletons

Xander:

The skeles are good but suffer once again from beignSO DAMN EXPENSIVE I WON'T BE ABLE TO AFFORD THEM

AGPO

Theory_Man
I remember when that used to be true. :hat off

When I was a young lad, a boxed set was $30 Canadian. The price has since raised 50% up to $45 dollars.

gIL^:

the mounted ampire lord and those grave guard are awesome.

remember them new skeles are smaller in scale to the current ones, because human scale has went down slightly, nice to have skeles that were the right scale,

Xander:

If the new Grave Guard aren’t plastic, these skellies + flagellants would do that job. :slight_smile:

Grongi Blackbeard:

i really like the skeletons, but i dont suppose anyone knows how the muscian is going to play on that horn when it neither has lungs nor lips (unless it uses it as a drum that is)

the corpse cart is pretty awsome

wallacer:

i dont suppose anyone knows how the muscian is going to play on that horn when it neither has lungs nor lips

Grongi Blackbeard
It's magic ;)

The horn actually looks a lot like the ones that the Tomb King musicians have (the end of it might even make a decent blunderbuss barrel).

51la5:

I really like the skeletons and corpse cart but the vampires are horrible and Grongi the skeleton blows the horn by using the dark magic that runs thou his body to move his jaw at a high speed to increase the wind verbosity to a high speed to make sound.:smiley:

gIL^:

xan i believe the new graveguard are plastic, same as the black orcs,

Warlord:

"The new plastic skeletons are amomg the most intricate we've ever released".....Whatever. GW must be pretty crap then lol
That means they have crammed even more crap on the sprue than ever before

The 'Wraith' guy on the corpse cart to me looks like he is cooking a BBQ.
I'm not sure if the release of the Corpse Cart is a good or a bad thing. I was considering converting a 'bone cage on wheels with souls in it' to use as my black coach. Now it will look less original.

Vlad does not look at all like he could have ever passed as a Count of the Empire.
I think they are forgetting the 'Count' in 'Vampire Count'

Knight Of Awsome:

AGPO

Theory_Man
I remember when that used to be true. :hat off

When I was a young lad, a boxed set was $30 Canadian.��The price has since raised 50% up to $45 dollars.

Xander
the pain an agony of GW for more money...i live in canada too soo.....

Theory_Man:

I really like the skeletons and corpse cart but the vampires are horrible and Grongi the skeleton blows the horn by using the dark magic that runs thou his body to move his jaw at a high speed to increase the wind verbosity to a high speed to make sound.:D

51la5
Now it is just a question of how the skeletons hear the horn being played.

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

AGPO

Theory_Man
Well at �18 pounds a regimetn that is now too expensive for anything which is not part of one of my main armies. GW have well and truly priced me out. After over a decade in the hobby I can no longer afford new armies, full stop

AGPO
a good question is are they going to be 20 for �18 or 10 for �12 like a lot of the other new releases for fantasy

AGPO:

the 10 for �12 pound boxes is just a scam to put the cost of a regiment up to �24 without raising the regiment box costs again. I remember when a regiment was �10 rather than the �18 it is now. Thats an �80% rise

Uzkul Werit:

An improvement all round. Those Skellies look much more mucky and as if they’re been freshly summoned. And that Cart screams out Nurgle Chariot.

Vasquez:

I really hate 'em… sorry… but since when have the WH fantasy miniatures become more and more like the LOTR miniatures? They’re just overrated… I’ll never give in my Von Carsteins for this new blood dragon-ish stuff! Nor will I ever play my VC army with the new rules… Where are their unique Bloodlines? The characteristica of the VC… I’m so dissapointed… the only thing I can live with is the ghouls and skeletons really… Sorry, just the way I see it :wink:

GRNDL:

Where are their unique Bloodlines? The characteristica of the VC... I'm so dissapointed... the only thing I can live with is the ghouls and skeletons really... Sorry, just the way I see it ;)

Vasquez
I had the same reaction. Although I'm not a VC player I was fond of the army book because of the ideas in it, particularly the Lahmian vamps ability to seduce enemy models and so on. The bloodlines lent a great amount of flavour and theme to the armies, but have been removed. The only thing in the new rules allowing you to customize your vampires are the traits - Arkayne, Bestial, Courtly, etc. They are somewhat similar in idea, but the rules don't really affect things much that I can see. At least, its a nod to the older vampire lore.

This sort of rules streamlining and removal is happening across both Warhammer lines and IMHO, not a good change. Its making army choices simpler, sure, but it also removes a lot of the depth that makes the game and hobby fun.