[Archive] New Warriors of Chaos - What did you buy?

Xander:

I bought the new Book, but I haven’t bought any new models yet. I am going to order some online in the states and have them delivered to my parents in FL. US prices are much cheaper with the Canadian exchange rate. And the the store I want to order from is 25% off and free shipping.

I plan on ordering Dragon Ogres, a Chariot and some Forsaken (for conversions mostly).

What about you guys?

Kera foehunter:

I got some cards. and going to get the rule book . then the trog

Mad Dave:

I’ve picked up the new book really nice book, im waiting on the cards comin via the mail and i got the chariot & Gorebeast FTW!

Xander:

Gorebeast eh? I am looking for spare chariot horses for a conversion. :wink:

Anyone else bummed out that Chaos Ogres can’t have chaos armor anymore…

But Trolls dropped in points and they can have extra hand weapons… which is pretty sweet.

Mad Dave:

sorry to say but my horses are spoken for. I’m planning on using them as mounts for 2 OOP mages.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Got the army book since it will allow me to update my olde Nurgle host. :slight_smile: I am not going to buy any models anytime soon though, as I’m currently focussing on my VC.

Played a game against Slaanesh-marked WoC yesterday and my undead received a pretty good beating. ^^

tjub:

Dragon Ogres…

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

RichardC1967:

waiting on my cards and WOC book to arrive…maybe a Slaughterbeast(based on the stats and rules) an perhaps a chariot or two for the Gorebeast option

bigdark:

I got the Battle Magic cards.

My next couple months are spoken for already, so I am going to hold off and see if anything changes in the balance before dropping monies.

I do plan on buying the new Dragon Ogres, Throgg, and book.

What is of most interest to me now are:

Shaggoth, Daemon Prince, Knights, and Hellcannon.

To add to my old school:

Dragon Ogres, Chariot, Ogres and Trolls (that are waiting for paint)

I think the interesting downgrade is to the Marauders.

Which is good news from a conversion perspective; if Marauders are undesirable, their bits should slump in cost. It’ll be great to play pimp-my-ride with all the great bits.

But it chafes me because I had 40 in stock and ready to rock.

Grimstonefire:

I’ll be getting the slaughterbeast and a box of forsaken, the book as well.  All in good time though, probably end of this year.

I’ve got 37 AoW apoc warriors for my upcoming birthday (to be dedicated to nurgle) plus a mountain of other stuff to keep me busy for ages.

RichardC1967:

I'll be getting the slaughterbeast and a box of forsaken, the book as well.  All in good time though, probably end of this year.

I've got 37 AoW apoc warriors for my upcoming birthday (to be dedicated to nurgle) plus a mountain of other stuff to keep me busy for ages.

Grimstonefire
I like the Apoc warriors but they are hard to find ,If I didn't already have 90 GW chaos warriors, I'd get some Apoc warriors(I could always use them as Chosen I guess),maybe AOW will put out some marauder types so I can replace my outdated GW leather clad gimps that they try to pass off as marauders..

Grimstonefire:

I went for the great weapon ones, which are for sale once more.  BIt of greenstuff and loads of holes drilled everywhere and they’ll be perfect for nurgle.

As far as I know there are no plans for AOW marauders.  I did hear that GW were working on some, but nobody else seems to have said anything since and that may have just been those ones on steeds of slaanesh

Thommy H:

My darling wife will be picking the book up for me tomorrow, I hope. No models bought yet - I already have two units for my WoC that are ready to be painted up from the last wave a few months ago, so I don’t need anything else. I like the Slaughterbrute and it fits my army’s theme perfectly, but I don’t know if I can spent £50 on one figure. We’ll see.

Samanos:

i ordered a hellcannon (no i do NOT own one yet :() and then we’ll see as this is gonna be my next project. propably its gonna be a massive order as i have zero woc models and this is a good chance to start the army :slight_smile:

RichardC1967:

I went for the great weapon ones, which are for sale once more.  BIt of greenstuff and loads of holes drilled everywhere and they'll be perfect for nurgle.

Grimstonefire
I'd get the great weapon ones, or the halbard ones for my chosen,how many come in the box? there seems to be a bit of confusion on my part..one site says 17 and another says 20.Don't they make some Nurgle/Pestilent types?..you could have just gotten them and saved yourself some converting time.Any one know of a seller in the US that has these minis available?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avatars-of-War-Corrupters-of-Apocalyse-Chaos-Plague-Regiment-of-17-Warriors-BNIB-/390495379410?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item5aeb569fd2

Xander:

How are those AoW Chaos guys? Has anyone seen them up close? Or does anyone have a review with nice pictures and parts breakdowns? They look pretty awesome, but I haven’t been able to find out much about them beyond what is on their website.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I put in a sizable order at my local game store…

Army Book
Magic Cards
Daemon Prince (only had one…)
Bloodcrushers x 2
Chariots x 2
Mutalith
Warshrine (my old kitbash was falling apart anyway)
Hellstriders
Chimera x 2

JMR:

I have the Corrupters, Xander. They are excellent figures. They consist of (only) 3 parts: legs, head+torso+arms and  the weapons+hands. They’re a little troublesome to rank up due to their size (Chaos Warriors are big after all), their weapons (Great Weapons) and their overall pose (holding weapons horizontally instead of upright for example), but I don’t expect this to be that big of an issue at all. Mine aren’t put on bases yet, but I think they’ll be fine with a little thought put into them.

Customizability is kinda limited, because most torsos can only fit one and sometimes two different weapons, but with 7 different torsos you only get each type twice with in addition the command models. It’s easy to customize them further by cutting and swapping weapon heads, if you really wanted to.

The material is fine, holds detail well and seems durable enough. I wasn’t able to spot a single air-pocket and mold-lines were pretty much non-existent.

I don’t own the Apocalypse guys (still waiting for the 2-HW kit), but they should be comparable. The first wave of boxes had each part seperate (arms, torso, head etc.) but the kit has been retooled to have a setup similar to the Corrupters: Torso, legs, weapons.

Overall great models and a treat to paint. They don’t really compete with GW on price like companies like Mantic do, but they easily match or surpass GW’s quality. The comparison is even more favourable if you plan to buy them instead of GW’s Chosen, even though the latter is cast in the glorious, godlike* substance that is Finecast.

*That is, if you like having your miniature made out of swiss cheese.

veso:

I am not digging the new look of the WOC. Don’t fit in with my idea for an ideal warhammer fantasy world haha

ryanamandaanna:

Throgg, Vilitch, the book, and the cards; I’ll eventually get around to the other stuff, but I have a lot on my painting table yet…