[Archive] New weapons to consider for Chaos Dwarfs

Zuh-Khinie:

Yeah, discussions can get heated on the internet over nothing really…

Sorry for my behaviour as well, it’s never my intention to be agressive or discriminating against someone else’s culture, and I’d like to apologise if I insulted you in any way.

Baggronor:

No worries dude. Anyway, back to CDs :slight_smile:

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Wow! Make a simple post showing some weaponry and I start another war!

Yeah, the show itself is a bit unbalanced…and pretty gory, but I wanted to show the weaponry more than the “Politics” of it.

Actually, I really wanted to show off the Kilij and the Zuai and get your opinions on those as Chaos Dwarf hand and heavy weapons.

I would think that 1 on 1, the scenario might have played off like it did, with Vlad being the victor, but I’d like to see the simulation if both leaders commanded armies of 20 000 men a side.

To be fair to the Romanian side, Vlad was more than just this murdering killer general like they suggest. He did a lot for Romania, maily removing the corrupt politicians that were being bought out by the Ottoman Empire and Hungary. Although his rule was harsh, he did make Romania into the most peaceful, crime free country in Eastern Europe during his reign. In fact, there is a legend about his golden goblet that he had out in the town square near a foutain for the weary traveler to use to refresh himself with. No one ever stole it under Vlad’s reign.

As for Sun Tzu, his book, The Art Of War, is filled with many millitary tactics that they still use today. I would say that he was more of a “Phillosopher Warrior” than a combatant warrior like Vlad. Sun Tzu would have probaly been the last guy that the enemy would have fought, unlike Vlad who would have been the first. Sun Tzu’s main advice was basically to no go to war if you didn’t need to, but to let your enemy either tire out, get scared by the size of your army, or something else. Sun Tzu’s advice was to use war as a last resort whenever possible.

Vlad Tepes, on the other hand, was seeking revenge for all those years spent in the Ottoman endurment camps. When he was released, he vowed vengenge on the Ottomans and he started by removing all their influence from Romania.

What they really should have done is pitted Vlad against another leader of the same era, or Sun Tzu against someone of his era, like King Burebista, between 82 BCE - 44 BCE. Under his leadership Dacia became a powerful state which threatened the regional interests of the Romans.

gIL^:

I love Asian warfare agreed it’s far different to europes wars but If you pit a feudal knight against a samurai in hand to hand there would only be one winner, The Knight

I recommend going to the royal armoury in leeds and seeing the armour for yourself, It is truly unbelieveable how big the knights are compared to the samurai, It’s very much in pop culture that a samurai was crazy hard.

Love orientals but feudalism was in a totally different league technologically.

Baggronor:

I love Asian warfare agreed it's far different to europes wars but If you pit a feudal knight against a samurai in hand to hand there would only be one winner, The Knight
Its like I never said anything.
It's very much in pop culture that a samurai was crazy hard.
Far eastern history disagrees tbh.

Fallen246:

My two cents?

All warrior-types were hardcore. In today’s scoiety we walk around and it’s rich blokes in suits that weidl the power. Which, for a capitalist society, is pretty much fair enough. But back then, if you weren’t hardcore, or you didn’t have a crapload of soldiers, you would get your backside beaten and your lands taken by the hardcore.

I don’t think how people fought or who they fought or their weapons come into it. A culture learnt to kill what threatened it’s existence the most. And that’s that.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Keep in mind that the Mongolians did sweep through Europe in the times of the knights.

Grimstonefire:

Presuming the intention was to fight I imagine that toe-to-toe the knight would win, but a lot of samurai were very skilled archers were they not?  A knight in plate armour chasing a samurai archer for hours would be so knackered he couldn’t move.  Wait until he’s tired trying to shield himself then fire off another shot! :smiley:

Anyhow, on the CD weapons I think swords for CD would not be bad at all.  The weapon I have in mind is basically this but with the end a bit more weighted.  Shorter by a bit as well.

Baggronor:

Anyhow, on the CD weapons I think swords for CD would not be bad at all. The weapon I have in mind is basically this but with the end a bit more weighted. Shorter by a bit as well.
I always quite liked the scimitar-wielding CDs, even though Dwarfs with swords never sat right with me. A shorter, heavier-bladed version of the weapon in that pic could work.
The TKs ritual blades with the extra handle along the blade also pose some interesting possibilities for CD great weapons. Rumours are that Tomb Guard may have the option to be armed with them in the new book, so presumably won't even strike last in the same way as Ushabti.
but a lot of samurai were very skilled archers were they not?
Yep, the 'Way of the Sword' was originally the 'Way of Horse and Bow' during most of the feudal age.

Fequiil:

Keep in mind that the Mongolians did sweep through Europe in the times of the knights.

Tarrakk Blackhand
do keep in mind that Mongolians could ride a pony and shoot someone on the chinese wall from 500 meters with a short bow....very fast.

Fallen246:

Tarrakk Blackhand
do keep in mind that Mongolians could ride a pony and shoot someone on the chinese wall from 500 meters with a short bow....very fast.

Fequiil
Do keep in mind that Mongolians developed their weapons and tactics and fighting style so they could sweep through everywhere. It's what they were good at.

Also, Hobgobs are loosely based on Mongolians yeah? What kind of CD fan supports greenskins? :P

Fequiil:

Tarrakk Blackhand

Fequiil
Do keep in mind that Mongolians developed their weapons and tactics and fighting style so they could sweep through everywhere. It's what they were good at.

Also, Hobgobs are loosely based on Mongolians yeah? What kind of CD fan supports greenskins? :P

Fallen246
do hobgobs ride ponys and shoot accurate? don't think so...;P

Tarrakk Blackhand:

No…they ride WOLVES! :smiley:

Fallen246:

Wolves > Ponies.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Fequiil:

Wolves > Ponies.

Fallen246
accurate shooting>wolves

Fallen246:

Wolves > Ponies.

Fallen246
accurate shooting>wolves

Fequiil
Accurate Shooting + Wolves = greatest fast cavalry unit ever. Too great in fact, which is why the Mongols never rode wolves, as it wouldn't have given any other army the slightest chance :P