[Archive] Newcomer looking to buy army or single models

Falstaff:

Hello there!

What can I say? I have fallen in love. With Chaos Dwarfs!

So far I have played Dark Elves and have been looking for a second army for a long time. I never really came across Chaos Dwarfs, since they literally don’t exist in Germany.

But then I sumbled over an army on ebay, did some research and fell in love. (Unfortunatelly, I wasn’t able to buy the army on ebay.)

Now, I’d really like to get started with a Chaos Dwarf army. I am aware of the fact that I will have to do a lot of modelling myself, however I’d be happy if you guys could make me some good offers. I’m looking for practically everything as long as the price is fair and doesn’t hurt my budget too much.

I’m looking forward to reading your offers.

Bye,

Falstaff

Skink:

Well, first and foremost welcome to the forum mate :cheers!!!

It’s always a pleasure to have new enthusiast Chaos dwarf fans!

Now, I personally can’t spare any of my models but take a look at this ebay auction.

200 bucks for a Taurus, a Lammasu, 70 CDs, 12 Bulls and 4 Warmachines is a real bargain!!! Don’t know how much your budget is but trust me, out of production CDs usually go for absurd prices. Good luck!

Grimstonefire:

What style of models are you looking for?

Big hat, classic full plate armour or modern FW?

Groznit Goregut:

Try looking up Mantic Abyssal Dwarfs, too. They are a bit different, but also cheaper. I like them and mix them in with my Big Hats.

If you are looking at Hobgoblins, I got some Mantic Orcs pretty cheap and am using Goblin heads on their bodies. I think it looks good.

Falstaff:

Hi!

Thank you for those quick replies. Unfortunatelly, the Ebayer won’t ship the army to Germany. I’ll pm him tomorrow and see if I can change his mind. the army he put up for auction is great, though.

My budget for a playable army depends. If the offer is good, I can see myself paying a decent price. But since I have just finished universitymy budget is not unlimited.

I am currently looking for all kinds of models, forgeworld looks great, but the old models have style. Both are fine for me.

Cheers! Glad for any further advice!

Ryhaleth:

I am planning on bidding on this army and would have no problem shipping what I don’t want out of it to you, if I win it of course, which is never a sure thing on ebay.

Good luck on assembling your army and dominating the world with it.

Da Crusha:

@falstaff: here is the wiki so you can see what kind of models are out there.

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/wiki/index.php?title=Chaos_Dwarf_Model_Range

Falstaff:

Thanks again!

I have already seen most existing models on ebay or somewhere on the internet when I was doing my research.

As of now, I’m planning on building a lot of the units myself. The old models are nearly impossible to afford, especially if one has to build an entire army. I think that I will try to get some inferior, normal dwarve models and remodel them to some extent, while I will use night goblins for Hobgoblin models. I have a good friend who is very good at doing this and I hope he will assist me with some advice.

I still have one empire cannon and have bought a dwarf cannon on ebay this weekend, which I intend on transforming into magma cannons. I hope I will be successful.

However, I’d be very grateful if somebody would offer me models at a reasonable price, be it forge world or the older models. Since I have no model at all, I’m looking for every kind.

Rab’Nappoch:

Well, first and foremost welcome to the forum mate :cheers!!!

It's always a pleasure to have new enthusiast Chaos dwarf fans!

Now, I personally can't spare any of my models but take a look at this ebay auction.

200 bucks for a Taurus, a Lammasu, 70 CDs, 12 Bulls and 4 Warmachines is a real bargain!!! Don't know how much your budget is but trust me, out of production CDs usually go for absurd prices. Good luck!

Skink
:o Fortunately for me, I live in the US... I'm going to watch this one carefully.

Falstaff:

Good luck!

But I guess the price will be rather at 400 than stay that low.

Rab’Nappoch:

Good luck!

But I guess the price will be rather at 400 than stay that low.

Falstaff
Thanks! And yes, that is entirely possible. $400 is still better than what I price checked 1,000 points of Forgeworld miniatures, and I bet I could get 2,000 points out of this auction.

RichardC1967:

Hello there!

What can I say? I have fallen in love. With Chaos Dwarfs!
So far I have played Dark Elves and have been looking for a second army for a long time. I never really came across Chaos Dwarfs, since they literally don't exist in Germany.

But then I sumbled over an army on ebay, did some research and fell in love. (Unfortunatelly, I wasn't able to buy the army on ebay.)

Now, I'd really like to get started with a Chaos Dwarf army. I am aware of the fact that I will have to do a lot of modelling myself, however I'd be happy if you guys could make me some good offers. I'm looking for practically everything as long as the price is fair and doesn't hurt my budget too much.

I'm looking forward to reading your offers.

Bye,
Falstaff

Falstaff
with a little greenstuff you can add beards and hair and make these work..I can ship First Class International for around $20.00-$25.00

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=12094

Falstaff:

Hi again!

Thank you for the kind reception, all the advice and the offers I got (also thanking those who pmed me)!

Unfortunatell, I have come to realize that collecting Chaos dwarfs for me will be a mid-term or even long-term project

since the prices for entire armies and even singular models are way higher than for other armies.

Thus, I will have to convert models and add whatever I can, whenever I find the money and good offers.

So far, I’m working on a deathshrieker (converted from an old Druchii repeater) and one or two magma cannons, which I will built from

an empire and a dwarf cannon.

If anyone can give me advice, how I can best buy models directly from forgeworld (considering I live in Germany), I would be even more greatful than I already am for the kindest of receptions which I received for my first entry here.

Also, I’m really thankful if I could ask you guys for advice on specific offers, since I am yet to unexperienced to valutate offers I get.

E.g. what do you say to the offer Richard made? 70$ for converted chaos dwarfs? seems fair to me…

MLP:

If you only live in Germany then get a cheap flight over and but a load of stuff from warhammer world!

If you’re still looking for a full army I am currently looking to sell mine. I have about 2500 painted and some more. Check in the market forum for my post if you’re interested.