[Archive] News on pre-ordering WF stuff!

Grimstonefire:

From Newsletter #260

Perhaps the most hotly-anticipated project that we are currently working on, Warhammer Forge made its debut at Games Day UK 2010. We are excited to announce that the first releases for this new range will be available to pre-order early in 2011, and will be followed later in the year by the very first Warhammer Forge book - Tamurkhan: The Throne of Chaos.

Keep an eye out for more details on these and other exciting releases in the Newsletters we have planned from early January 2011 onwards.
Also a picture of a new crew member which I have made a bit bigger

As far as I can tell this could be a crew member from the Siege Bombard. He would be facing backwards on the front end of the wagon.

I’m not entirely sure though because the floor is not textured with the diamond effect, the rivets are too close to the edge and he would be holding a metal circle instead of a lever. The thing top right looks like the bellows and there are 2 levers which would match up to the bombard.

I’m not going to presume just yet that this is a new warmachine.

Border Reiver:

Exciting stuff

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Loki:

I was most happy reading this new letter when i got it throught on the the old email, roll on 2011 the year of the CD :hat off

Borador:

nice stuff, too bad they are gonna be bighat haha (though they are looking very, very nice!)

i’m looking forward to seeing all the new warmachines, and most importantly: the book (I may assume there will be a book with some rules right?)

macbeth:

First actual new CD minis in 16 years! THIS is historical!

nitroglysarine:

my eyes have gone all misty

Willmark:

This is all kinds of awesome!

Merchant:

I need a little help, will there be an webside for Warhammer Forge or will the minis be sold from Forge World?

Grimstonefire:

http://www.123-reg.co.uk/order?action=whois&page=whois&domain=warhammerforge.co.uk

I presume this will be ready for the official launch of the book in april, but until then I think everything will be sold through the FW website. Just a guess.

Merchant:

Still a guess is better then nothing :slight_smile:

Murdock129:

Excellent, soon I’ll be able to start a proper Chaos Dwarf army (not one that’s just terribly badly converted Dwarfs and the occasional real old CD XD but no seriously my CD conversions suck)

AGPO:

First actual new CD minis in 16 years! THIS is historical!

macbeth
Hellcannon? Still exciting though :cheers

Torped:

Doubt I’ll be able to actually AFFORD this stuff, but it looks cool. Though none of my dwarfs have big hats

fonejaker:

im saving up to buy the train

Alfract:

fonejaker
I have the same idea, from them i will be able to work with the scale to create some wagons and whatnot

Willmark:

fonejaker
I have the same idea, from them i will be able to work with the scale to create some wagons and whatnot

Alfract
I might need to keep saving with how much its going to be, any pricing thus far?

snowblizz:

I might need to keep saving with how much its going to be, any pricing thus far?

Willmark
I doubt you will end up saving too much. Just my opinion as an economist.:D

I think you can find something to spend it on. :~

Borador:

well, you can hardly save up to much if they are going to do FW pricing on the WF stuff :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

but I am curious to see how much the train will cost, might have to add one of those to my collection one day, although it’s a bit to much bighattish for me so still wondering about it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Willmark:

Yeah that’s my point: are we talking FW dragon pricing here or what?

Grimstonefire:

It would be interesting to see what people think is a good thing for comparison.  As far as I know FW mostly price according to weight of resin, as pretty much everything is a solid block.

My guess is somewhere around £50-£65 each for the Steam train and skullcrusher.