[Archive] next thing

RichardC1967:

converting a unit of CD’s…FW bodies, GW Chaos Knights weapons and shields…

Zanko:

Imo the weapons are much too big! :~

:hashut

Animatone:

Weapons are fine for great weapons, but maybe a tad too big for regular hand weapons, but none the less looking good.

RichardC1967:

I was thinking more along the line of Enscorcelled weapons for the IG Ironsworn…so they stand out from the regular IG’s

theforgefather:

Imo the weapons are much too big! :~

Zanko
Too Big?!?!

What sort of a chaos heretic are you?!?

CopperPot:

The shields look abit to big for me I think marauder shields look better.

fairoaks024:

I’m with richard and forgefather!

They definitely look the part richard, igmore the naysayers (they obviously spend too much time around hobgoblins ! :-). )

Regards

Jim

RichardC1967:

Thanks for the opinions guys…I was thinking along the lines of they are made to carry heavy weapons and shields as a penitance because they are Infernal Guard Ironsworn, so they’re lives are extra miserable from having to drag around all that metal…they are a bit of a pain to rank up tho’.

Kera foehunter:

So how do throw heavy fat boy rank up??

Cool idea , But i found out 20mm stand don’t allow for cool dwarfs

OK NOW PAINT THEM :wink:

Da Crusha:

the only problems I have with them is the shield and the standard. the shield is just a tad too big. the standard could use a longer rod and then it would look great. I use the same banner but with a longer rod. other than that I think they look great. can you post a close up pick of the one with the chaos warrior head? I like him a lot. Ive always been a fan of horns and spikes, the IG dont have enough imo.

RichardC1967:

the only problems I have with them is the shield and the standard. the shield is just a tad too big. the standard could use a longer rod and then it would look great. I use the same banner but with a longer rod. other than that I think they look great. can you post a close up pick of the one with the chaos warrior head? I like him a lot. Ive always been a fan of horns and spikes, the IG dont have enough imo.

Da Crusha

Da Crusha:

aww nice. you just need a little bit of greenstuff to attach the beard. looking good.

brotsorrow:

Richard these are great. I know i sound like a sod when i say I was planning to do the exact same thing for a unit of Ironsworn as i have probably 10 - 15 of the chaos warrior sprues. I am so happy that the heads “fit”.

Can you post a pic how these models rank up?

Zanko:

Too Big?!?!

What sort of a chaos heretic are you?!?

theforgefather
I'm an old 3rd edition loving and very conservative guy! :D

RichardC1967:

30 ironsworn guard with Chaos Knights weapons and shields(I was short 3 weapons, so I’m waiting on them to arrive) assembled, primered and ready for paint

brotsorrow:

The unit looks fantastic… do they rank up though?

RichardC1967:

The unit looks fantastic... do they rank up though?

brotsorrow
yea a little snug tho'..I had to clip some of the shields to make them more angular, and I may do them all to make them look uniform.

brotsorrow:

wow, thanks for the pics… They look incredible ranked up!!!

rpitts2004:

Amazing job

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Karring:

Looks great. But… how much points do they cost? Maaaaaaaaaan, if I just suffer trying to use 20 Ironsworn…