[Archive] NHL Anyone?

Willmark:

Anyone fans here?

Me I’m rooting for my Ducks to go all the way… again! 1 more game and San Jose is outta here!

cornixt:

I have to root for the Avalanches, mother-in-law says so. My local team is not in the NHL, the Silvertips, I go to see them play occasionally. No NHL teams near Seattle.

BilboBaggins:

Philadelphia Flyers, of course I go with the Broad Street Bullies.

Willmark:

They are stating to call the number 1 duck line of Getzlaf, Perry and Ryan, the “Legion of Doom” :wink:

starscream:

Despite being a Brit am a big Dallas fan, always next year I suppose.

BilboBaggins:

The NHL Legion of Doom was Eric Lindros, and Mikael Renberg.

But the true Legion of Doom was westlers Animal and Hawk, the Road Warriors with manager Paul Ellering.

starscream:

Always liked Lindros, pity he is so injury prone.

Coincidently I’m wearing a Road Warriors T shirt right now.

BilboBaggins:

Fans in Philly wonder what would have been if we didn’t trade with Ottawa for him. We gave up a lot for no championships.

Sojourn:

Philadelphia Flyers, of course I go with the Broad Street Bullies.

BilboBaggins
dirty. they're so terrible. it's annoying to me to watch dirty play.

I don't follow hockey though. Baseball has 90% of my attention, NFL has about 9% and soccer/football (for those across the pond) has 1%.

BilboBaggins:

They haven’t really played true Broad Street Bully style since the 70’s. Winning championships and leading the league in penalty minutes. Making the Russian team not want to come back on the ice after a period break. Good Times. :slight_smile:

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Sojourn! You’re CANADIAN…don’t diss the NHL!

As for myself…I couldn’t care less for Hockey! LOL!

starscream:

Anyone aware of Elite hockey? (british).

Its no NHL to be sure, it has a few former NHL-ers but has its moments, its at a level somewhere between ECHL and AHL. Very disappointing season for my local team Newcastle Vipers.

Willmark:

Well aware of the conotations for the legion of doom in hockey, simply this is what they are being called.

cc88:

starscream
I occasionaly get to watch Basingstoke when the team I watch (bracknell) plays there

I used to follow NHL but since its not on TV here anymore I dont get much of a chance to watch it.

cc

two_heads_talking:

colorado Avalanche when and if I watch…

I’m and odd bird though, as I like the Chicago whitesox, Denver Broncos, Colorado Avalanche, And Utah Jazz… it’s along story

Kera foehunter:

Go Blue jackets !!!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

starscream:

starscream
I occasionaly get to watch Basingstoke when the team I watch (bracknell) plays there

I used to follow NHL but since its not on TV here anymore I dont get much of a chance to watch it.

cc

cc88
Ah Bracknell Bees, I remember them hammering us in our last ever BNL game. We had a bench clearance and I remember Chris McAllister punching the hell outta Stuart Potts till Weaver told him to leave him alone.

Then in the summer Petriko left you to join us and was a big part of our Elite league Play Off win.

apocalypstia:

one of the reasons our forges and furnaces are difficult to maintain is that we support the Pittsburg, go Pen’s

as far as Elite Hockey, hadnt really known about til reading the post here.