[Archive] Niblebitzer is gathering forces (update 26.4.)

Niblebitzer:

Hi,

Hopefully this turns out to be a real blog.

My lonely Hellcannons got reinforcements from Forge World and now I have troops for small game. I’ll order some more after I get most of these painted.

My army currently holds next figures.

2 Hellcannons - (1 WIP, 1 still in box)

3 Forge world daemonsmiths - (washed)

3 Sets of Infernal guard command - (washed)

40 Infernal guards - (washed)

1 Magma Cannon - (washed)

1 Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher - (washed)

Painted points, nada, zip, zero, …

Niblebitzer:

I toke liberty to spend second post for first pics.

First Hellcannon got under brush and I have got WIP pics here. More pics and bigger pics are on my site.

I don’t know if I should glue chaos stars on wheels or not. Both looks fine, opinions?

Grimstonefire:

Personally I prefer it without as you get to see all the cool cogs and stuff.

JMR:

I have to agree with Grim, cogs are cool. Seeing as you have two of 'em though, why not do one with and one without chaos stars?

Vogon:

I prefer them without the starts but you’ve done such a good job of painting that one it’d be a shame not to use them.

I’d go with JMR’s suggestion and do one hellcannon with and one without

Cheers

Vogon

Niblebitzer:

Making one each is a good idea. Thanks.

I have been too focused on this one I am working with and not given tought to the pair I have. I’ll finish painting the barrel and give it a tought how the star sits in a complete war machine.

Cassarus:

Looks promising! :hat

vulcanologist:

Looking good! Absolute pain of a model to assemble but an absolute joy to paint!

Niblebitzer:

Thanks. I got barrel painted and glued on the model. I’ll take some photos of the cannon itself tomorrow. Crew is half painted and with base I haven’t even started.

Niblebitzer:

More WIPs!!

Cannon itself is ready excluding barrel’s inside. I am not happy with how it looks.

I most likely will be able to finish crew tomorrow. How do you like the small grayish hint in the crews skin?

Crew pics got slighty too bright :frowning:

Edit:

@vulcanologist: Failcast model itself was pretty easy to clean up and build. I cut cannon’s holders (the sideways bar) so that I was able to paint barrel, chassis and few wheels separately. That resin is actually pretty flexible, almost like stiff rubber.

Larger pics on my site.

Stepper:

Very nice painting mate, how did u do the flesh on you’re crew???

Ciao,

Stepper

Niblebitzer:

Flesh was made with dark flesh&codex gray base (3:1 or so), highlighted with adding more gray into mix (till 1:1 or 3:2) and final highlights were made by adding skull white into the mix. 6 layers in total where last layer was only touch on the highest points.

Niblebitzer:

Quick update. I got crew painted!! Dunno what to do with base, it will define how all the other figs in the army should be based too.

Big picture is on purpose, small from behind. All big and small pics are on my site.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Cannon looks good. But the crew looks a bit “pink”?

tjub:

I like the crew a lot!

vulcanologist:

The crew look very nice! The masks are very well painted and I actually like the pallid flesh tone you’ve gone for. Good stuff!

Niblebitzer:

Thank you very much. :smiley:

Yes, skin turned out to look a bit pink. After all I am satisfied how it ended up not looking too ‘warm and healty’ -pink. It also have small amount of gray in the paint mix.

Vogon:

Well I really like the skin tone you’ve painted and intend on trying your recipe for some Dark Eldar I have planned.

I won’t be using it on my own Chaos Dwarfs as I’m already part way through my own army using a much ruddier skin tone.

Cheers

Vogon

Kera foehunter:

I love the crew too ~~

Niblebitzer:

Quick update. I got crew painted!! Dunno what to do with base, it will define how all the other figs in the army should be based too.

Big picture is on purpose, small from behind. All big and small pics are on my site.