[Archive] No one uses Lord with A Blunderbuss

Joshmohr:

All through out my days spent on this site, looking at members army’s, I’ve never seen one person use a Chaos Dwarf Lord with a Blunderbuss… So I’ve decided to create my own, so far he looks great. Soon ill post a few pictures. (Big hat+Mask, Armor is Bleached Bone with a Shining gold trim)

Now imagine this guy on a Great Taurus!

Swissdictator:

Forgive me as my memory might be failing me, and I just got back from going downtown, but can a Lord even take a Blunderbuss? I don’t hink he can. Though I will admit, it will look pretty bad*** as a figure. Just be careful about how hardcore people can get about WYSIWYG, some people are freaking fanatics about that.

I, personally, say go for it. It should look awesome. If you’re willing to put the time into it, I’ve seen people use some sort of magnetic system to they can swap out equipment options. For example, with Chaos Warriors, cutting at the glove and using magnetics so they can swap out items. This would allow you to make all those WYSIWYG fanatics happier.

Zanko:

Great idea! I assume it will look gorgeous!

Who cares about WYSIWYG guys?!?!?!

Make what you like!!! Be unique! :hat off

:hashut

Ghrask Dragh:

I too would love to see a Lord with a blunderbuss!! It isn’t in the rules but would look cool anyway :smiley:

Kera foehunter:

i think if he a lord he should have more than one blunderbuss pistil

Willmark:

Lords hack with mighty axes and hammers; shooting blunderbusses is for the grunts.

GRNDL:

Bah pish! Lords can use what they want! They’re LORDS!! I think it would be cool to show the dwarfiness of a Lord by giving him opulent weapons. Might not be able to use it on the battlefield, but it would look cool, which is a big part of being a Lord, I think.

Swissdictator:

A nice little diorama would be a lord with his foot on the throat of an Elf or Orc with the Blunderbuss pointed right at the head!!!

Kera foehunter:

if he was a true lord. he be on a rum barrow with blunderbuss pistils and a cigar

and blasting caps

i guess a girl can dream

Swissdictator:

I suspect Captain Morgan isn’t a Chaos Dwarf Kera. His hat is way too small.

Though we could adopt him and give him a bigger hat.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

cutting at the glove and using magnetics
WOW! Those must be small magnets!

wallacer:

It would be a great conversion. At the very least he could be used as a champion for a Blunderbuss unit if wysiwyg were an issue.

Kera foehunter:

WHAT DID YOU SAY SWISS!!!

Captain Morgan is the best captain ever !!!

Hazkar:

do it,do it,do it!!!:s

dont care about rules,we are chaos dwarfs,we care about nothing

a great model is it worth,to bend the rules

Zanko:

do it,do it,do it!!!:s
dont care about rules,we are chaos dwarfs,we care about nothing
a great model is it worth,to bend the rules

Hazkar
This is the right spirit :)

:hashut

two_heads_talking:

why do I have the mental image of a Chaos Dwarf holding his ‘junk’ out and pointing it at the enemy as a nasty looking blunderbuss?

GRNDL:

@THT

Because I think you’ve installed the “Sense of Humour” module I gave you upside down, my friend… Make sure the pins are aligned correctly and the cut out is facing upper left… :slight_smile:

Swissdictator:

@THT

Because I think you've installed the "Sense of Humour" module I gave you upside down, my friend... Make sure the pins are aligned correctly and the cut out is facing upper left... :)

GRNDL
Did you make sure to include the Duct Tape?

Kera foehunter:

why do I have the mental image of a Chaos Dwarf holding his 'junk' out and pointing it at the enemy as a nasty looking blunderbuss?

two_heads_talking
because you think with you other head
:hat off

Tarrakk Blackhand:

because you think with you other head
And the midget has spoken! LOL!

Well, according to "The Rules", those being the ones posted on GW-Australia, it seems that only the Core Units can cary Blunderbusses, which they have to loose a shield to do.

However, any of the CD's can carry "Hand Weapons". But is the Blunderbuss a specific weapon, or a Hand Weapon that can't be used with a shield? If it is a "Hand Weapon", then a Lord could technically use it. But if it is a Specific Weapon, then only the Core can use it.

I, for one, would love to see your model!