[Archive] Non Train Iron Daemon

giantsquig :

I have been toying with the idea of using a

as an Iron Daemon. Would this be acceptable or should I bight the bullet and buy the train. I’m not trying to pull the wool over anyones eyes, I love  this fig and want to use it in the army. I converted the Gorgon to use as my Destroyer so that is out.

Zanko:

In my opinion this great big guy will make an awesome Destroyer!

Nonetheless if the model fits on an appropriate base it will also work as an Iron Daemon! :wink:

:hashut

Bloodbeard:

Sure thing. Paint it metal, perhaps ad some pipes for steamvents.

I my opion people can use whatever they like, as long as they make up a story for the miniature.

CDs capturing a golem and giving it some kind of gear to have it slave in the mines makes perfect sense.

Skink:

Hey you can even use a Winnie the Pooh toy as long as you tell me that it stands for an Iron Daemon (before the game starts):D!

Wargaming is great because of imaginative wargamers. If for you the Iron Daemon is a monster than by all means include a monster in your army!!!

Yodrin:

Thats a cool model, but I would use that as a Destroyer!!

JMR:

It’s a very brutal miniature, however it’s so large it can hardly be called a miniature anymore :slight_smile:

I’m all for proxying models and letting your imagination run free, but I don’t think this would be a good fit for an Iron Deamon. The size is one thing, but the movement rules are very typical and don’t suit a rampaging brute. And ofcourse there’s the cannonade, though I guess you could use the Whirlwind/tenderiser option instead.

It’d be a perfect Destroyer though, even though you already have one.

Maybe use some rules from the Monstrous Arcanum book?

Skink:

Hey you can even use a Winnie the Pooh toy as long as you tell me that it stands for an Iron Daemon (before the game starts):D!

Wargaming is great because of imaginative wargamers. If for you the Iron Daemon is a monster than by all means include a monster in your army!!!

Skink
:o WTF?!

Never! NEVER EVER! You can't do that to me. You can't do that to the game we play. I once played a game with my Dwarfs against The Empire. And the Empire player wanted to place a Lego Duplo cannon on the table. He said that he wanted to use it as a Helblaster Volley Gun. My jaw dropped open. I said wtf man, we play Warhammer and not Lego!
I'm for proxies if it's good plausible choice.

@giantsquig - I can see that beast for an K'daai Destroyer but not as an Iron Daemon. But I would still rather agree that instead of a f***ing Lego Duplo.

:~

Herby
-*regarding my previous comment*- People would commonly call that a joke.

giantsquig :

I might have to build a choo choo train. I have this mini and was going to use it as a hell cannon and convert it throwing giant flaming balls of death but I don’t want to cut up and rune such a great sculpt.

Admiral:

Use the large monster as an Iron Daemon, but preferably in the company of a much bigger K’daai Destroyer. :wink:

giantsquig :

Use the large monster as an Iron Daemon, but preferably in the company of a much bigger K'daai Destroyer. ;)

Admiral
My Destroyer is converted off of the Gorgon kit so this brow is much "beefier" and about as tall.

As a side note if you got a fig bigger than the mountain king it would be a 2 year old.