[Archive] Northern border guard

Kera foehunter:

well we had a few link about the cd empier

i think it would be cool to do a unit of hobos in fur coats

wolf pulled dog sleds and wolf riders and a few foot troops

so what do you think

TheVoice:

There are already models for those: Olgah Khan’s Wolfboys (and another Khan special character). These troops make a lot of sense though, the two major threats to our northern border (Chaos aside) are the Ungol horse archers, and the Hobgoblin Hegemony, another cavalry state.

Willmark:

Nah, wolves are remarkable well adapted to cold and can pad through it quite easy.

Kera foehunter:

I was also thinking like a ski patrols too i think the norther realm be too cold for Olgah boys

TheVoice:

The northern realm is where the wolfboys live, the northeast beyond the Fortress of Despair. No indication they can’t take the cold, but ski patrols are still awesome. How would you play them ingame?

Kera foehunter:

well we have played games that where baced in snow they be factor movemant and fighting

i think warhamer in the day had some games or tourement played that way.

but you could play them as pimp out wolf rider

TheVoice:

Sleds would be cool for some of the lighter weapons as well, like Death Rockets. Alternatively you could get the old Hobgoblin Rocket off ebay, its got 2 crew and a rocket so it could easily be a ‘counts as’ piece.

Hashut’s Blessing:

The title just reminded me of the Rangers of the North from the Lord of the Rings musical. They are similar to the film ones, except all you can see is cloth and cloak, very earthy and tree-y and natural colours looking. Excellent. I think I’ll try to make some hobgoblin North-Guard that look like that…

Kera foehunter:

cool idea the voice

caos dwrf:

cool idea kera make a steam powered snow mobile to replace the wolf