[Archive] Obsidian Guard Heads

nitroglysarine:

I’ve got a cool head made for what i would think would make a cool Obsidian Guard or Immortal head.

I am tempted to sell them but i’m not sure on what to charge.

They use a fair bit as they are big hat heads. I think i could get maybe 6 out 6 inches of green stuff. Is there a cheaper casting method that doesn’t have a huge start up cost.

i’ll get a picture up as soon as i find my camera again.

Are people interested? They are kind of modifided bighat+masks guys.

Hashut’s Blessing:

You could look at Ishkur’s tutorial on resin casting. A quick search should bring it up. Resin, to my knowledge, isn’t overly expencive and the cost per head should be based upon how much you’ve spent to make them. It might be an idea to sell them in sets of say 5 or so…

I’d imagine that casting them in resin would be FAR cheaper than an inch of greenstuff per head. Heresy sells GS at 36" for about £12 (I think), which is 3 heads for a pound, still not as cheap as I imagine resin would be. Find the camera quickly and see how much interest you can drum up: at the very least, you can cast them for yourself.

Border Reiver:

I might be interested, but I’d need to know:

a. What it looks like;

b. What body the head is supposed to go on; and

c. What you’d charge.

Have you looked into resin casting - that is likely to be much cheaper in the long run than GS, but I may be talking out of my hat here - can anyone here help the explosive one out?

Zanko:

I’m also interested and I need the same infos (espec. pics) BR already mentioned!

:hashut

nitroglysarine:

good to see interest in them, i’ll get some pictures of them up.

i’ve made 4 of them, and i am slowly deciding that it takes to long to let them set slowly, and one of them kinda came out a bit bad.

I think resin casting is the way forward.

anyone got a uk based site to order from?

Kariko83:

Try Smooth-On and their Pourable Silicone Starter kit. I know they are in the US but they have 3 UK distributors so you should be able to get it. It is a good kit and even comes with written instructions and a dvd with instructions. I have it and I am loving how easy casting is with their products.

Wow I kind of sound like and ad dont I.

nitroglysarine:

Try Smooth-On and their Pourable Silicone Starter kit. I know they are in the US but they have 3 UK distributors so you should be able to get it. It is a good kit and even comes with written instructions and a dvd with instructions. I have it and I am loving how easy casting is with their products.

Wow I kind of sound like and ad dont I.

Kariko83
Message brought to you by a Smooth-On Salesmen ;)