[Archive] oh crap.... (help with green stuff)

Kera foehunter:

i say before you use up your! first green stuff you will master the beards and ammor

GRNDL:

re: $$$ of GS

If you are worried about costs, try ordering some GS in tubes from somewhere like Heresy Miniatures, rather than buying it in ribbons from GW. For perhaps $10 more, you get maybe 5 times the putty and since its seperated completely, you won’t get cured lumps in it. Its much better quality. I bought 1 tube almost a year ago and its not even half used, even though I’ve sculpted about 4 complete minis and done tons of conversion work with it.

Ogranoth blackhammer:

where exactly could i find this “tube” of GS?

also, thanks for the encouragment and support kera.

Baggronor:

Mainly I would advise making the beard into the appropriate shape before you give it any texture. Also, you never need as much GS as you think you do, a lot of new sculptors seem to have the same problem of GS overload. When adding the texture to the beard, let it dry for 15mins or so first, so it has some resistance.

And don’t forget, if it doesn’t look good enough, simply pry it off with a knife once its dry and start again :slight_smile:

GRNDL:

where exactly could i find this "tube" of GS?

Ogranoth blackhammer
This is where I got mine:

http://www.heresyminiatures.com/tools.htm

Get it, cut the GS parts into 1" long bits and put it in the freezer, so it will keep.

Ogranoth blackhammer:

ok. thanks a bunch GRNDL