[Archive] Olleys Armies Closing Down�?�

clam:

For those who haven’t heard it already:

Olleys Armies Closing Down�?� on the 19th May’ - again :frowning:

You may already be aware from a previous announcement on our website that my father died recently, this sad event comes on top of a long and difficult year for me on a personal level. As a consequence I have decided to make some changes to my life, one of them being to end my commitment to Olleys Armies and sell off all its ranges. I have throughly enjoyed making models for Olleys Armies and had great ambition to keep adding to the ranges, but sometimes life gets in the way of your plans and plans have to change. I will not be leaving the industry as a freelance designer, although I am limiting the amount I do at the moment. For the future I hope to keep a website going and occasionally sell my own master greens or custom built models, directly from it.

Regards the wind down of Olleys Armies, we will cease selling castings from the website after 19th May and on the 20th May we will release details of the closed bid auction schedule.

It’s given me a great deal of pleasure to know from our customers feedback, that many of you have got a great deal of enjoyment from collecting and using Olleys Armies minis. Sorry I can’t keep producing more through Olleys Armies, but I will keep on sculpting which means you haven’t seen the last of me yet.

Finally we would like to give a special thanks to all our customers who have generously supported us over the years and our sincere hope is that all the ranges will be bought by other companys/individuals and will continue to be produced well into the future.

Best regards

Bob & Jackie

www.olleysarmies.co.uk
Bob have made some real cool dwarfs/space dwarfs - so this might be your last chance to get some of them.

apocalypstia:

such a wonderful resource, its a little disheartening to find the site only to hear its going away. Some very nice stuffs in there. Hopefully i can help out some by picking up a few.

Thanks for sharing this Clam, wouldnt have found out about ollies without you.

Gaixo:

Well, he is auctioning the molds off, so presumably/possibly those models will stay in production.

It is sad, but at least he still sculpts for other companies. I just bought a bunch of his Druid’s Children from Splintered Light, even though I have no idea what I could use them for.

tjub:

err… No more scrunts? :frowning:

snowblizz:

I can help but ask the question, "again?"

Isn’t this the same Olleys armies that closed in 2008 already? And then started back up in a limited form or something. I could have sworn I read about it before on the site?

Maybe I’m getting someone mixed up?

Kera foehunter:

This is sad!! i love his stuff!!

Well i hope the beat for Bob and Jackie

Gaixo:

I can help but ask the question, "again?"

Isn't this the same Olleys armies that closed in 2008 already? And then started back up in a limited form or something. I could have sworn I read about it before on the site?
Maybe I'm getting someone mixed up?

snowblizz
No, you're right.

The first closure was based on the financial viability of the business, or lack thereof. I believe it reopened because fans convinced him to do so. I wouldn't say it was in "limited form," though he may have cut a line or two that were barely developed anyway.

Is there an implication in there? ;P I don't think he's crying wolf or anything, and would be surprised to see the site start back up again after this.

Zanko:

I´m sorry to hear this! :mad

He made some cool stuff, hope we will see his minis at other ranges …

:hashut

wallacer:

That’s unfortunate. He made some nice Dwarf figures. Hopefully someone will get hold of the moulds and continue releasing them.

Willmark:

I actually contacted him about WoH late last fall and he gave me the heads up.

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

Closing down, opening up again and closing down … I’m not sure if this’ll be the last of it.

Hashut’s Blessing:

It’s unfortunate as to WHY he is, but snowblizz had my thought. I wasn;t aware it had reopened, hence why I got so confused when I saw the thread. At least the ranges shall continue… Bear in mind, he’s said that he’ll continue as a freelance designer, therefore, we should still see some good things cropping up from him, even if we’re not aware of it…

clam:

Closing down, opening up again and closing down ... I'm not sure if this'll be the last of it.

Hrothgar Goldgreed
Well! as Bob is in his 40s and he stats that he will still be sculpting - who knows ... ? - but if he sells the moulds (and production rights) - I don't think we will see him re-open again with Scrunts. I just hope that someone will get hold of the moulds and continue releasing them. And maybe even prusuade Bob to do more Scrunts.

Kera foehunter:

well let ride it out !! If it something you love to do you will do it !!

I say he be back !!

snowblizz:

No, you're right.

The first closure was based on the financial viability of the business, or lack thereof. I believe it reopened because fans convinced him to do so. I wouldn't say it was in "limited form," though he may have cut a line or two that were barely developed anyway.

Is there an implication in there? ;P I don't think he's crying wolf or anything, and would be surprised to see the site start back up again after this.

Gaixo
Glad to hear I'm not insane (well at least not imagining this). That was really all I was wondering, if someone was reporting old news or if it was really announcing closing again.

Gaixo:

prusuade Bob to do more Scrunts.

clam
Well, he did some for Fantastic Miniatures recently:
Fantastic Miniatures on eBay
Those were posted here before and didn't go over very well, but I like them. I bought the ones in exo-armour and they sent me a bunch of free stuff, almost doubling the size of the order.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

He sure made some really interesting “scrunts”. Probably the best I’ve ever seen!

I’ll agree…it’s disheartening to find out about a new web site and new figures, only to hear that he’s no longer going to produce them.