[Archive] opinions on CD unit

RichardC1967:

what are your opinions on a 20 strong blunderbuss unit with the Banner of Eternal Flame…as a unit protecting your flanks or warmachines against charging troops?.It would also be a good unit against flammable units or Trolls (potentially up to 60 shots with re-rolls to wound,(the banner also allows you to re-roll to wound, not sure if this means you can re-roll twice) no penalties for shooting and flaming attacks)

Veshnakar:

A large unit of Fireglaives with the banner are quite nice actually. Especially if you get off Ashstorm on a unit making them flammable.

RichardC1967:

A large unit of Fireglaives with the banner are quite nice actually. Especially if you get off Ashstorm on a unit making them flammable.

Veshnakar
and the range is longer..are they multi-shot?..don't have my rulebook close by

CopperPot:

You lose one model and you’ll lose the special rule the unit needs to be bigger 25plus

RichardC1967:

You lose one model and you'll lose the special rule the unit needs to be bigger 25plus

CopperPot
yea, forgot about that...at least 25...

CopperPot:

As for my opinion on Fireglaives I dont like big blocks, I run a unit of 29 Blunderbusses with my Phophet.

I know some people on here like running units of ten fireglaives to protect the machines from chaff.

RichardC1967:

As for my opinion on Fireglaives I dont like big blocks, I run a unit of 29 Blunderbusses with my Phophet.

I know some people on here like running units of ten fireglaives to protect the machines from chaff.

CopperPot
do you string them out in two ranks of 15 or 3 ranks of 10.. from how many ranks can fire a blunderbuss..2 I think..right?

CopperPot:

Yeah two ranks of 15 so everybody can shoot, also I use crown of command on my Sorcerer Lord so my unit is stubborn.

furrie:

what are your opinions on a 20 strong blunderbuss unit with the Banner of Eternal Flame..as a unit protecting your flanks or warmachines against charging troops?.It would also be a good unit against flammable units or Trolls (potentially up to 60 shots with re-rolls to wound,(the banner also allows you to re-roll to wound, not sure if this means you can re-roll twice) no penalties for shooting and flaming attacks)

RichardC1967
Every dice can only be re-rolled once, except when it clearly says you need to re-roll until certain conditions are met and the only examp0le I can think of is the eye of the gods table from woc

Hashut’s Blessing:

Also, the Banner of Eternal Flame gives you flaming attacks, not re-rolls to wound :wink: BBs in a building are awesome. Quite an expensive WM protection unit, but will do the job well - BBs are ebst because they can receive the charge and do damage, but they keep their 3+AS and 6+PS.

RichardC1967:

Also, the Banner of Eternal Flame gives you flaming attacks, not re-rolls to wound ;) BBs in a building are awesome. Quite an expensive WM protection unit, but will do the job well - BBs are ebst because they can receive the charge and do damage, but they keep their 3+AS and 6+PS.

Hashut's Blessing
ok, so the Special Rules for flaming attacks on pg 69 of the current rulebook which states"Every model with flaming attacks rerolls failed"To Wound" rolls when shooting at or assaulting a building to represent the added peril for the occupants of being inside the burning structure", doesn't apply to units carrying the banner? Just wondering cause I want to play it the correct way when I use it(but I see the re-roll rule only applys to shooting at or assaulting a building anyway)

Thommy H:

Yes, it applies. But, as you say, only to targets in a building.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Attacks against units in a building is the key part of that. Which won’t be happening if you’re using them to protect with just 12" range :wink: