[Archive] Options for Hobgoblin Cavalry, Infantry?

jbrown1214:

So, I’m getting more and more interested in fielding a Tamurkhan-based Chaos Dwarf army (first as a subset of my own WoC, then a stand-alone). Unfortunately, GW doesn’t make models for the hobgoblin cavalry or infantry. Any ideas what I could use as stand-ins? Doesn’t necessarily have to be GW (probably better, as they probably would be much cheaper!)…I’d prefer the thinner/smaller versions as shown in the book vice the big-and-chunky, older-style models. Thanks!

Jason

fattdex:

LoTR Warg riders

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

aka_mythos:

Hobgoblin Cavalry, for now its worth holding off. With the new plastic wolves out now, FW is suppose to do Hobgoblin wolfriders.

Hobgoblin cutthroats, a good number of people have taken to converting them using Skaven, use a knife to remove the furry bits and then add goblin or gnoblar heads.

Time of Madness:

It will be interesting to see what FW does with the hobgoblin wolf riders. May be worth holding out until they are released.

If the wolf riders sell well you would think they would eventually do hobgoblins on foot.

Time of Madness

JonJon:

Hi talked to a (GUY) at FW he said hobgoblin infantry would price out at $5 a miniature so the idea was scraped. Since you would need 40 to a 100 minis.

Jon

jbrown1214:

Hi talked to a (GUY)  at FW he said hobgoblin infantry would price out at $5 a miniature so the idea was scraped. Since you would need 40 to a 100 minis.

Jon

JonJon
Ouch...guess I'm looking elsewhere! Good thing, because the siren call of ForgeWorld can get REALLY expensive (and the missus is starting to wise up!)

Jason

Singleton Mosby:

It will be interesting to see what FW does with the hobgoblin wolf riders. May be worth holding out until they are released.

If the wolf riders sell well you would think they would eventually do hobgoblins on foot.
Time of Madness

Time of Madness
What sort of timeframe are we talking about? (Rough guestimation)

Zanko:

What about these guys:

Vendel

Otherworld

Heresy

I like them all much more than the GW Goblins or Hobgoblins! :cheers

:hashut

Singleton Mosby:

These are nice, altough they hold their spears in a strange fashion.

fattdex:

i would convert them personally using gobbo wolfrider legs, wargames factory orc torsos, beastmen ungor arms (clip fur and putty on some sleeves), 40k Fenrisian wolves and your choice of heads (I think actually mantic ghould heads with noses greenstuffed on might look cool). Bit of work but fun.

delivern:

I just use goblin spider riders from the old box set. You can get your hands on them very cheap since very few O&G players field them.

gIL^:

These are nice, altough they hold their spears in a strange fashion.

Singleton Mosby
http://youtu.be/Jtie6r27JeU

Singleton Mosby:

http://youtu.be/Jtie6r27JeU

gIL^
:hat off Most certainly. Saw that movie in the cinema a month ago, really nice.

jbrown1214:

I like the Heresy goblin archers a lot; does anyone have experience with the company?

Zuh-Khinie:

I have a few heresy models, and without fail, they’ve all been good casts without too much flash or anything else. The original sculptor was an ex-gw employee, so scalewise they were awesome.

I must add though, that it’s been almost half a decade ago since I’ve ordered from them.

labrat:

Sorry- I couldn’t help adding this to this thread-

Zuh-Khinie:

Looks very chronopia-like… what brand is that?

The Odor:

Zuh: You mean Demons and Dragons Chronopia? I do agree.

labrat:

Looks very chronopia-like... what brand is that?

Zuh-Khinie
Brand new line from a brand new company-
I am guessing that this line will start to become available through Gorgon Studios sometime in April.
I know this shouldn't be on this forum as it is not a GW product-
just with the discussion going down the Hobgoblin route and these being close I couldn't resist throwing him in.

Thommy H:

I like the Heresy goblin archers a lot; does anyone have experience with the company?

jbrown1214
100% reliable. Andy Foster who runs it is a good guy.