[Archive] Order to getting warmachines

Lava Lord:

:hat off My CD army is made up of the old top hat and warmachine. I am asking for which new style warmachine is preferred and which one is best to get first?? My Tamurkhan book is on its way, so I will be able to make more comparisions. I love all the info this forum has and I have been going through it.

1) magma cannon

2) deathshrieker rocket

3) iron daemon engine

The latest of your opinions are most welcome. At the moment I have two earthshakers and one hellcannon. Cheers :hat off

Thommy H:

Magma Cannon is objectively the best choice in game terms. Iron Daemon is unworkable, but iconic and fun. Deathshrieker is fine.

Get the Iron Daemon, as it’s the best model.

Lava Lord:

:hat off My CD army is made up of the old top hat and warmachine. I am asking for which new style warmachine is preferred and which one is best to get first?? My Tamurkhan book is on its way, so I will be able to make more comparisions. I love all the info this forum has and I have been going through it.

1) magma cannon

2) deathshrieker rocket

3) iron daemon engine

The latest of your opinions are most welcome. At the moment I have two earthshakers and one hellcannon. Cheers :hat off

Samanos:

opionions tend to differ about the iron demon.

some say it sucks others say its awesome. persoally i havent been that impressed by it but i havent tried it in enough games yet.

magma cannon is obviously the best, but shriekers are also very good imo.

brotsorrow:

We can make argument for either 3… I chose the Iron Daemon as it looks awesome. You can flip a coin for either magma cannon or death shrieker

Gmaleron:

From my Experiences so far:

-Magma Cannon: One alone is nasty, two of them is insane, am literally wincing @ the thought of running 3 it is by far the best warmachine in our arsenal, in terms of overall uses. You can snipe with it (D3 Wounds), slaughter hordes of infantry (light or heavy thanks to S5 -3 to armor) and it has a range of up to 42 inches (if you calculate rolling a 10 on the artillery dice and the 8 inch flame template) and added with hellbound it is T8 with 4 wounds, dont see why any CD player would leave home without @ least one in their army.

-Dethshrieker: Have come to really like this thing for the sole use of its “sniping” demolition rocket ability. I have taken out x2 O&G stone throwers, a treeman, and have a game against a TK player coming up (can you say goodbye casket of souls?). Also with its large blast template I can effectively even the odds when playing horde armies (against an Empire player I sniped x2 cannons and smacked a horde of his halberds pretty bad before it dies to a magic missile).

-Iron Demon: Have yet to use this bad boy but am tempted to try it out in the upcoming weeks. The steam cannonade seems to be fun (especially since you can do up to 10 S6 hits) along with the d6 auto hits in CC every round, which is doubled if a skullcraker is added on. That and the fact it can pull around a few warmachines makes it pretty cool, these things would be good if you ran an assaulting style of army as they could keep up and provide some fire support.

Da Crusha:

start with one magma cannon and one deathshrieker, if you had to pick one Id say go with the magma cannon.

maded12:

The magma cannon and death shrieker are both a nice start. Personally I would take the shrieker because you will always find room in every army list for it.

But if you want to start out with a magma cannon I think that hashut can forgive you :cheers

Lava Lord:

:cheers Thanx a ton for the opinions! any others are still most welcome!! These will be most useful in the final decision… Ya’ll have a lava day with a pint of magma ale…