[Archive] Our slaves are getting rowdy

Redhammer:

Well, for us Dawi Zharr, there is some potentially good news. According to the article found here: https://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=14300090a&_requestid=1092302 Orcs and Goblins are getting a new book March 2011.

While this isn’t a direct update for us, some of the Orc units will get shifted a bit. Most likely to change I think will be Black Orcs, but either way, this could be a boost to our special section. Anyone heard any rumors or anything about the new book? This is first I’ve heard of it, and I’m wondering how it will impact us.

nitroglysarine:

I really want the new Empire book, anyone heard rumours about its update?

(i’m fearing its years off)

Hashut’s Blessing:

A possibility is that Black Orcs become rare, but we’d still get them as a 0-1 Special, lol. It is certainly a book that will need to be looked at, especially in terms of the CDO errata/FAQ.

nitro: Not heard a thing.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

A possibility is that Black Orcs become rare, but we'd still get them as a 0-1 Special,

HB
So does this mean, theoretically, that the Black Orcs are returning home to the Chaos Dwarf lands? :D

Fallen246:

I think all this means for a near certainty is that the Orc regiment is probably going to get re-done into a ten-strong box.

Loki:

This is good news for my night goblin army hoping for some cool new bits to throw in to it :slight_smile:

snowblizz:

I think all this means for a near certainty is that the Orc regiment is probably going to get re-done into a ten-strong box.

Fallen246
According to GW it is one of the boxes that is not going to be updated. Which in one sense is sad, they could do so much more now more than 10 years later. Then again the price...oh the price that would entail...

Orc Boyz, Common Goblins, Night Goblins, Black Orcs, River Trolls, Giant, Boar Boyz are all OTTOMH kits they said will not change. YMMW when it comes to trusting the word of GW.

Grimstonefire:

I have a feeling in terms of models we’re looking at the following in plastic:

Savage Orcs

Savage Orc boar boys

Wolf Chariot

Boar Chariot

Araknarok spider

I think there was a 6th one as well.

Various metal characters.

Haven’t heard anything about rules.  Book has been finished for a while though.

They may just update them to reflect the errata changes?

As long as the savage orcs actually look savage, and not stupid, I’ll be very pleased. Put some armour plates on them and they’ll look like proper orc boys should.

Fallen246:

A battallion that doesn’t include so many spider riders would be a good move on their part as well.

The spider sounds awesome.

Also, what does OTTOMH mean?

snowblizz:

A battallion that doesn't include so many spider riders would be a good move on their part as well.

The spider sounds awesome.

Also, what does OTTOMH mean?

Fallen246
Of The Top Of My Head.
At least that's what I think. I'm not so savvy on the l33t as I sometimes imagine myself. At 30 I'm positively old nowadays, though I seldom reflect over it. Except perhaps when I have to up my pant-size and I'm out of breath after 5 floors of stairs.

AGPO:

Decent Savage Orcs and updated Boar Chariots would be great. The boar chariots will very quickly become tuskgor chariots for my beastmen. I’d love to see some new wolves too to bring them up to date with all the other armies’ mounts.

snowblizz:

Decent Savage Orcs and updated Boar Chariots would be great. The boar chariots will very quickly become tuskgor chariots for my beastmen. I'd love to see some new wolves too to bring them up to date with all the other armies' mounts.

AGPO
Well the Wolfriders aren't "on the list" so we can always hope. They do desperately need new mounts.

Not to mention what interesting things it could mean for us. I totally forgot this was the Chaos Dwarf place.:D:D

Might make for better Hobgoblins, who knows.

AGPO:

I’d imagine wolf riders will be done at the same time as common goblins, which is a shame as they apparently won’t be done for a while. I’d like all goblins to be the same scale.

nitroglysarine:

On a side note, I keep miss reading this thread title as ‘Our slaves are getting randy…’

Am I a Bad human being?

snowblizz:

On a side note, I keep miss reading this thread title as 'Our slaves are getting randy...'
Am I a Bad human being?

nitroglysarine
Hard to say. We are Chaos Dwarfs... so to us you're just a slave...

zhatan87:

'Our slaves are getting randy...'
I think exactly the same.
Maybe no new minis for CD but better rules for our slaves : we can expect cheaper BO, a potentially new upgrade for Common goblins (such as for night goblins), cheaper big un's, and arrers and boys orcs as before.

To conclude, new official rules:) Maybe...

nitroglysarine:

On a side note, I keep miss reading this thread title as 'Our slaves are getting randy...'
Am I a Bad human being?

nitroglysarine
Hard to say. We are Chaos Dwarfs... so to us you're just a slave...

snowblizz
But a randy slave??? *gulp*