[Archive] Outside of Warhammer

Deebo:

When your not playing warhammer or doing something warhammer orientated, what do you people like doing with your spare time?

I like to do anything that involves a motor, like driving or riding my motorbike as well as playing video games, drinking beer and listening to lots of music!! Movies are good too, I am hanging out for the new Friday the 13th.

Sojourn:

well, I enjoy video games as well Deebo, and reading, rollerblading, playing baseball (fastpitch softball) and going out at night either to movies or clubbing with my girlies. I also work a lot and I’m studying for my CMA (Certified Management Accountant; an accounting designation now that I’m done my Uni undergrad) so I’ve been really busy lately.

Plus, I enjoy sporting events. I love going to the Jays games (for non-North Americans, Toronto Blue Jays are the baseball team from my city and I cheer for them) and with Euro Cup coming up, I’m bound to be enjoying some pints with my friends watching the matches. :slight_smile:

furrie:

When not busy with warhammer, I play video games, watch some TV, play roleplaying game and play magic the gathering

Kera foehunter:

This time of year working on grampa farm helping them out on the weekends. Also going 49 ing and hanging out with my friends.

Snotling:

in my free time i like to destroy myself, i drink and smoke a lot, go on hard music concerts and stuff. it helps me keeping a quiet hand when i’m painting :cheers

i like a lot of stuff which the typical fantasy-player likes. i love watching movies (especially in cinemas), listen to music the whole day (because TV sucks, expect cartoons like south park and simpsons, american dad and so on), drive with my scooter into nature for relaxing in the sun. i wanna get married with my playstation 2, but for a PS3 i would throw “her” out of the window :). i like making photos, chatting with my friends or hang out with them.

but right now, i work the allmost the whole day in a factory to get some money befor i study useless things in autumn :hat off

Hashut’s Blessing:

All the usual stuff “normal” people like. As some above have said, roleplaying. I also do LARP (just became captain of the university’s society :wink: ). See my girlfriend, of course. Urm… other forums… Drama, of course. I have a part-time job (uber part-time that is) frying at my old chippy. I like to play rugby union, but need to get into better shape to play for the uni team. reading, but I always run out of books. Stuffing my face. Urm… Think that’s it…

Willmark:

My Kids, taking my golden retriever Teddy for walks, I also taught him to be frisbee dog- he can snatch a frisbee out of mid air, running, working out; two jobs. Pretty busy life.

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

i walk the dog ralphy i do drama meet with my friend’s watch tv (because british tv is the best:) ) play on the wii and all the stuff a small child would do (wait i’m that small) such as go to school and then think about why my teacher told me off (although most of time they do it for fun)

P.S i hate south park :mad

Razzick_Khan:

Now that we have shaken off a rather long winter around here its time to get my ass outside. My cousin is an absolute fanatic about paintball and never fails to ask if I’d like to go with him. I have my own gear and marker, and came to the conclusion it has collected more dust recently than it should have. So I see myself collecting numerous bruises and welts this year.

Steven:

Some reading, occasional watching movies, and working on the house.  I used to love playing MMOGs but I can’t any longer.  Same goes for music. I used to be in a couple bands, but again I don’t have time anymore…and I’m getting too old for that whole scene I suppose. Unfortunately I have an hour and a half commute each direction for work, so I don’t get a lot of free time during the day to play around.  I have also been trying to train the menagerie of dogs we have, but they all are jealous so it’s hard to work with them one at a time.  

Willmark, was there something specific you did to teach Teddy to be a frisbee dog?  We’ve just been trying to teach our golden Walter to fetch and he runs over to the ball, sniffs it, and runs back to us.  So basically he’s taught us to fetch. :mad

Sojourn:

@ Steven, with my dog, Shadow, he’ll retrieve the ball no problem, it’s having him “drop it” so we can throw the slobbery thing again. With Shadow, we would pretend we wanted the ball and chase after it with him (when he was small and I could still keep up) until he eventually understood that “he wants that ball!!!” he’s the cutest puppy ever n_n and I <3 him.

Xander maintains he’s no longer a puppy, but rather a horse. to each their own I suppose. :wink:

torn:

ach free time!

this is probably my first post in 2 weeks! when im not warhammering or the like (which is appening about once a month at the moment :frowning: ) im usually working, for about 5 or 6 days a week, usually somewhere cold in scotland or so expensive i cant afford to do anything, like this place called cheedles i had to go to.

i read a lot, because im pretty much either working or in a hotel, i try to get out and play golf, which is the only sport i play now for medical reasons although i did play american football at a national level, which i still enjoy watching. going out to the pub happens every now and again :stuck_out_tongue: cinema every month or so, probably more soon because on the hulk, new superman coming out etc, and i saw new indy and iron man last week :smiley:

with pretty much 1 day a week to catch up on sleep, get my pay, wash my clothes and buy food, at least im never bored!!

Steven:

Thanks Sojourn!  I’ll try that this weekend.  The first family camping trip starts tonight so between the campfire cooking and saving the family from random insects and snakes and probably “wolverines” and “velociraptors”, I will see if I can teach our goldensaurus rex to fetch as well.  Thanks again! :cheers

@ Steven, with my dog, Shadow, he'll retrieve the ball no problem, it's having him "drop it" so we can throw the slobbery thing again. With Shadow, we would pretend we wanted the ball and chase after it with him (when he was small and I could still keep up) until he eventually understood that "he wants that ball!!!" he's the cutest puppy ever n_n and I <3 him.

Xander maintains he's no longer a puppy, but rather a horse. to each their own I suppose. ;)

Sojourn
my dog just's get's the ball and run's off when we try to get it he take's one step back and then growls :rolleyes:

AGPO:

I like to play rugby union, but need to get into better shape to play for the uni team.

Hashut's Blessing
Excellent taste in sports mate, what position do you play?

As you might of guessed I'm rather fond of my contact sports. Over the years I've trained in several martial arts, and enjoy playing Rugby Union and Sevens. At the moment I'm hitting the gym to get fit again after a season out with injury. It's a bummer as I'd only just got playing again. When I get the chance I also enjoy Hurling, which is a Gaelic sport. Just imagine hockey being played in the air! I'm a bit of a fitness obsesive so being laid up for so long was a pain in the arse.

When I'm not working out or playing sports I enjoy cooking, travelling and of course hitting the pub and going out with my mates. In a few months I'm planning to take some time out to travel the world, and see if I can't introduce a few more people to the joys of rugby

Obsidian:

Besides family and friends, mostly Poker…

Canix:

Two kids and a demanding partner mean i dont get much time for much else though i am into Yoga and Tai chi and now the summer is here its off camping, Tee Pees in Wales .

I love the summer :smiley:

Willmark:

heh forgot martial arts- 16 years of karate, not much time now for that now thou.

Steven- tough thing is that even thou dogs have common traits to their breed, they are very much individuals. Although I will say its rare to hear of a golden that doesnt want to retrieve. Its like a lab that doesnt want to swim!

In Teddy’s case it was a simple case of watching him with tennis balls. I would throw them and I noticed he watched them in the air rather then waiting for them to drop. So I strayed with a frisbee. At first it was over very short distances to get him used to catching it without dropping. Then I worked with him over longer and longer distances. Then leaping into the air to get it.

Now he grunts and growls if the frisbee hits the ground rather then him catching it! He gets mad as he knows I won’t praise him unless he catches it. He will do this until he passes out!

Another trick is never play “tug” with them that is a tough habit to break in terms of fetch…

Another trick is never play "tug" with them that is a tough habit to shskr in terms of fetch...

Willmark
great my dog loves "tug" just had to be me:rolleyes:

Gilzam:

Hi Hi

Good idea this post! :cheers

Outside of Warhammer I do lots of physical activities (bit of a junkie really…), I do lots of Martial Arts teaching Tae Kwon Do, Kickboxing, and Capoeira.

I also like to dance and am well educated in it teaching all over the world (even though Ballet sucks for me big time) I have my own Hip-Hop/Bboy (thats breakdancing) crew.

I also play Chess a lot (as well as warhammer) to make sure my brain works harder than my body (mental well-being creates a focal point upon which the body can improve on haha)