[Archive] Painting a unit a day challenge

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Hi everyone!

I decided to stop procrastinating and attempt to paint a unit a day.

So far, I have finished every piece in the Battle For Skull Pass set (meaning the Dwarfs and the Goblins and all the scenery pieces).

I’ve had these in my collection since 2006 and hadn’t finished the Goblin army.

Once GH14 is over, I’ll post pics of the set. (It would give away too much info on my GH 14 entry if I posted the pics now.)

Next on the list is a unit of Lizard Men I was painting for a customer…that got shelved when I had my two daughters.

Also on the list are the rest of my Chaos Dwarfs (Ongoing), The Skaven and High Elves from Blood Island, and my Soviet Space Marines and Black Reach 40K set.

Pics coming very soon!

nitroglysarine:

A unit a day!

Great target, even with the kiddie interruptions!

How old are your two? Mine are 5 (boy) and 2 (girl)

furrie:

Good luck, I know I wouldn’t have the time to finish two units a day.

Blue in VT:

A unit a day!
Great target, even with the kiddie interruptions!
How old are your two? Mine are 5 (boy) and 2 (girl)

nitroglysarine
Kiddie interruptions is right...mine are 3 (girl) and 5months (boy) and I can't get 2 figures done a day let alone a unit! Of course if my day job was at a gaming store that might help...:hat off

I'm looking fwd to seeing your progress.

Blue

G.2:

Of course if my day job was at a gaming store that might help...

Blue in VT
Hmm...that would definately help.

I was considering doing a unit a week, and I realised that was too ambitious, and I too have two little ones, a who is Boy=4 and who is girl=2.

I have not been able to get any painting done for weeks. So I envy anyone who can get a chance to paint a unit-a-day.

Please post pictures of your progress.

that guy:

I chain my 2 to a tree out in the yard and I can still only get about 2 figures a week painted, at best.If I did a whole unit a week it would a matter of lining them up and mowing them down with my paintball gun and hoping for the best.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Two daughters - 1 is 2.5 and the other 1 year, 1 month. (Paint at night after 8 pm.)

nitroglysarine:

I chain my 2 to a tree out in the yard and I can still only get about 2 figures a week painted, at best.If I did a whole unit a week it would a matter of lining them up and mowing them down with my paintball gun and hoping for the best.

that guy
You know, that would be fun to do!

inkpwn:

Wow, I cant concentrate on painting at all, I have had to paint a team of 13 blood bowl player for well over four months and I am only 5 players down. I simply can’t stand that painting by numbers feel when it comes to these things.

All power to you.

Nicodemus:

Two daughters - 1 is 2.5 and the other 1 year, 1 month. (Paint at night after 8 pm.)

Tarrakk Blackhand
I too paint at night after 8pm! Sounds like lots of folks here have two kids ;)
We have a daughter (2½) and our second is on the way this Summer...

A unit a day sounds like a real challenge!! I certainly won't be able to do one every day... but given that I've got over 10,000pts of Chaos Dwarfs I need to do something to get 'em all painted!!

I have a number of units of 20 Warriors each that are already primed and ready to be painted. So the next time I sit down to paint... You're on!!
I'll go with 2 units in 2 days. My last unit worked out like this, I did all my base colours the first day, then details, highlights, and washes the second day ;)

~N

that guy:

that guy
You know, that would be fun to do!

nitroglysarine
It is fun.Its a total blast.Especially when they forget they've been tied to the tree and take off at a dead sprint.Watching their little feet get yanked out from under them like that is hysterical;P

Thorne:

I can bulk paint a generic primary colour trooper army in a day so its not that muh of a challange withno interuptions but as we get older and as children hit it startsgetting tough, Good luck Tarrakk cant wait to see em.