[Archive] Painting contest at the slayerbrotherhood(1)

Kera foehunter:

you all are welcome to join in are painting contest at the Slayerbrotherhood

here are the simple rules

should be for a single model on a 20mm to 25mm base. So no cavalry or monsters. And obviously just a Warhammer Fantasy model. It can be any single model, so that includes characters, heroes and standard warriors. A time span of 3 weeks to paint it… You can send in pics in max of 4 pics)

starting now!!!today

the entrys should be in by 8- 1- 09

after they are posted we are going to have a week to vote on them

thanks you all

hope to see ya

Kera

Pyro Stick:

I was going to look for a model to paint today but i got distracted by this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hil1F2T19GY&feature=related

Kera foehunter:

Well there always to day !!Pyro

GRNDL:

3 weeks??? Are you kidding??

Pyro Stick:

3 weeks??? Are you kidding??

GRNDL
Whats wrong with 3 weeks? Too long? Too short?

Kera foehunter:

yea we where pushing for  2 week but the the admin. wanted a month
so we settle for 3 weeks
well 2 weeks a 6 days now

Kera foehunter:

well for those how don’t need but a week

you have a week now

GRNDL:

Three weeks is way too short, IMO. I can barely get a GH entry done in the 2 months or so we get for them. Its very time consuming and physically/mentally draining for me. The last few GHs I’ve entered I probably spent about 40-50 hours on each entry.

BilboBaggins:

Well 2 days awake is 48 hours. :slight_smile:

GRNDL:

I’m glad the math worked out for you. I also have a 50-60 hour work week and many other things to do besides painting/modelling contests, like many people.

BilboBaggins:

I was joking about it. I know people have other things to do in their lives.

Kera foehunter:

I'm glad the math worked out for you. I also have a 50-60 hour work week and many other things to do besides painting/modelling contests, like many people.

GRNDL

well you can still join in sweety some times you can make time
for fun !!* wink wink know what i mean * you make time to be on the site
and time to go to game day
all work and no play makes grndl a dull guy
all work and no play makes grndl a dull guy

Kera foehunter:

grndl you can turn your in by midnight

GRNDL:

Not happening. The only thing I’m turning in tonight is myself and if I’m lucky, not to the police.

two_heads_talking:

Three weeks is way too short, IMO. I can barely get a GH entry done in the 2 months or so we get for them.  Its very time consuming and physically/mentally draining for me. The last few GHs I've entered I probably spent about 40-50 hours on each entry.

GRNDL
well, you don't have to do it.. and honestly, you shouldn't get upset if you can't.. If the time is available and you want to do it, go ahead, if not, don't, but you shouldn't begrudge them their timetable. Shoot, Kera didn't even have to mention it to us, she was kind enough to do that.

Try to do a model in 20 hours, challenge yourself to doing the same type of quality in less time.. :) I know i need to sit down and paint some more myself.. I can't do this one, but, I'm looking for a challenge to keep me on my toes..

GRNDL:

@THT

I’m not upset about not entering the competition, I am merely railing against Kera’s well-natured and friendly badgering about me entering. My stance on a 3 week limit to build an entry is simply my opinion and a factor that meant I wouldn’t have entered or been able to enter. I mentioned that earlier and Kera keeps poking me to enter, just like she does in getting me to submit artwork for the Slayer Brotherhood. She’s doing her part in being a good PR girl for that site, and I’m doing my best as a curmudgeonly CD for this one - since this is literally the ONLY Warhammer site I frequent and post on. She is trying to corrupt me!! (further…)

With regards to your suggestion of not taking so long. Yep, could do that, but I doubt it would be a competitive entry or look that great. The artist in me strains to do a good job and time is required to do it. And with peeps like Ishkur and that damnable Warplock monkey around, one cannot afford to lose time!! Nonnononononono…

two_heads_talking:

valid points, all of them… perhaps we should push Ishkur and Warplock down a well…:slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

Well we have them up there  !! for throw who want to see
http://z8.invisionfree.com/SlayerBrotherhood/index.php?showtopic=107