[Archive] Painting Contest on Rites of War (Free)

Swissdictator:

Apologies if in the wrong forum…

Rites of War is holding their second Paint or Die Contest.

The entry this time is FREE. That’s, right… FREE… with the chance to win loot!

Here’s the info:

PoD 2!

Subject: Regiment

Entries Due: Wednesday, June 17th

Begins: Friday, June 19th

Ends: Friday, July 17th

Voting Begins: Sunday, July 19th

Voting Ends: Sunday, July 26th

Entry Fee: FREE. I’m covering the buck this time around.

Prizes will be Awarded based on number of entries, and as follows:

5 or less:

- 1st Prize: Special Prize

6-10:

- 2nd Prize: 1 $25 or less GW Product of Choice.*

11-20:

- 2nd Prize: 1 $50 or less GW Product of Choice.*

- 3rd Prize: 1 $25 or less GW Product of Choice.*

21+:

- 2nd Prize: 1 $100 or less GW Product of Choice.*

- 3rd Prize: 1 $50 or less GW Product of Choice.*

- 4th Prize: 1 $25 or less GW Product of Choice.

: No Direct Only Items or Collectors Range.

Rules for entries.

Regiment:

- Regiment is defined as any unit of models which may include: Infantry, Cavalry, Monsters or Chariots so long as they are in unit formations. Vehicle Squadrons which are comprised of Tanks are not considered Regiments though none tanks are considered such as Ork Buggies or Eldar Warwalkers.

- Entries on 20mm or 25mm Square or Small Round Bases must be at least minimum unit size per their respective Armybook or Codex; or 10+ models whichever is more.

- Entries on 25x50mm & 40mm Square or Medium Round Bases must be at least minimum unit size per their respective Armybook or Codex; or 5+ Models whichever is more.

- Entries on 50mm Square and large or Large Round Bases must be at least minimum unit size per their respective Armybook or Codex; or 3+ Models whichever is more.

If you have a Question on these Rules please reply to this post with them so all can benefit from the question’s answer.

Lets Get the word out on this one guys! I would be glad to have to fork out almost 200 bucks for prizes if it meant a good amount of competition!

Servius’ pid=‘3099’ dateline='1244173810To participate go to Rites of War and PM Servius with the unit you are submitting.

One unit, minimum size (though you can go larger if you so choose… I personally am) over a month. For free. Give it a shot, take a chance at winning some loot.

I’d love for this to be a fierce competition! I know there are some people with very nice painting skills and/or converting skills!

Any questions, please PM Servius on RoW

Pyro Stick:

Cool. I might give this a go. All i would need to do is paint up about 8 blunderbuss.

Kera foehunter:

i don’t know yet !!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

WarplockMonkey:

Ooooh, promise of plunder pleases Warplock…do we haveto paint up a unit SPECIALLY for this, or can we enter one already done?

- Warplock

Swissdictator:

Any questions, please direct to Servius.

Though you can to paint up a new unit.

It’d be great to see you guys involved!

warh:

okey,

i have joined the site

i will paint a group of Tau!

Lord Archaon:

I’ve also joined the site and i will submit unpainted pictures to Servius at Monday.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I should stil be in this. Just got to decide and make a unit to paint :smiley:

Swissdictator:

For those taking part, please sign up on RoW (if you haven’t already) and PM Servius (on RoW) with your entry.

jolpis:

i’ll join in

will a warmachine do?

Hashut’s Blessing:

I sure will. jolpis, only regiments can be entered. Infantry must be at least 10 models AND a legal size. Cavalry must be 5 models AND legal size. Monsters etc must be 3 models AND of legal size. Unfortunately, that means no war machines…

Lord Archaon:

Monsters etc must be 3 models AND of legal size.

Hashut's Blessing
Monsters must be 3 models and of legal size, but Ogre-size ones must be 5+ models.

Kera foehunter:

so are these new ( unpainted figures) !! then we paint them for the contest

Swissdictator:

Yes, these are figures you have not yet painted.

They can be fully assembled and converted… just not painted.

Servius:

Aye, Swiss. Models may be fully converted and assembled previous to the contest but painting must be new. while this is tough to enforce (which is why I am requiring a Picture of the unit before the painting. Unless either myself or swiss can visually attest to the entry being unpainted previously (this would require us to be local.)

Also the models need not be GW or even for a GW game unit. But in those cases contact me on RoW so I can verify the entry previous to the start date.

Swissdictator:

A little under a week to register! We’re getting close to 21 participants so there is a lot of loot up for grabs!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Waiting for my pics to upload, then I’m sending the PM!

Swissdictator:

We now have over 20 people.

There are A LOT of prizes up for grabs, so I strongly recommend everyone check this out!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Excellent! I am the one that pushed us over! W00t!

Pyro Stick:

Wow i almost forgot about this.

Damn if the unit has to be completely unpainted then i wont be able to enter. The time allocated to complete the whole unit is about the same time as a Golden Hat runs for and thats only for one model. With the time that this has to be completed in i doubt i will be able to complete a while unit from scratch. I thought i would be able to enter a unit that i have already painted the first rank of. Then i would only have to paint about 10 models which is probably the most i could do in a month. I probably dont even have a whole unit worth of models that dont have at least some kind of paint job on them.

Actually, would i be able to enter a Bone Giant? Ive got one lying around that i need to strip and seriously give a new paint job.

Edit: Nevermind. Apparently a bone giant isnt a legal entry. Looks like i wont be able to enter this at all.