[Archive] Palace of the Chaos Dwarves?

Titanomachy:

Hello, fellow followers of the Dark Father! I am reading Palace of the Plague Lord, a rather amazing book that really gives fans of the Norse something to sink their teeth into, and there is a Chaos Dwarf character! I won’t spoil anything but his name is Zhardrach (of the Skull Land). Oh, and it says he wears a “skull-faced helmet.” Seems GW is stuck between masks and helms too!

For those who don’t want to read the whole book, he appears in chapter eight, but as I’m on chapter nine, I’m not sure how long he sticks around.

Enjoy,

:hat off

Titan

Xander:

Amazon Link:
http://www.amazon.ca/Palace-Plague-Lord-C-Werner/dp/1844164810

Please spoil everything to do with the Chaos Dwarf please. :slight_smile:

If you like, use the

Spoiler

AHHH!!

tags.
Spoiler

AHHH!!

Baalin:

thats awesome! Where did you get your copy? hopefully he is a main character of sorts?

nice discovery:cheers

torn:

i saw the advert for that book might have to check it out now (was contemplating it anyways)

Titanomachy:

I got it when I was in Chicago, at Borders, but every other bookstore I’ve checked says its not out yet. Oh well!

What I can tell you about Zhardrach so far is that he is really a selfish, mean-spirited little blighter covered in studs and piercings, with a big curled beard with golden skulls in it, and he wears a skull-faced helm.

Spoiler

He is also the forgemaster of the Aesling outpost that the main characters run into. He is almost killed by an ogre, Thognathog, but it spared by the main character, Einnar after he reforges his elven blade. He was forgemaster in the first place because he knew how to forge "star metal." Right now he's unconscious and chained to the ogre.

He's not painted in a pretty light no matter how you look at. He's kind of humourous because he's just so over the top! Cursing and warning Einnar about the curse of Hashut (thou shalt not kill a chaos dwarf...). He's a blast.

Thommy H:

he is really a selfish, mean-spirited little blighter covered in studs and piercings, with a big curled beard with golden skulls in it, and he wears a skull-faced helm
Yep, sounds like a Chaos Dwarf to me.

catbarf:

Oh yeah, he’s a CD alright.

It’s wonderful to see all these new references. I remember a few years ago reading in the Ogre Kingdoms book:

"…some of these Leadbelcher cannons are also given to them by the Chaos Dwarfs in return for Gnoblar slaves…"

and turning to my best friend and yelling, “THEY’RE TALKING ABOUT THE CHAOS F$%&ING DWARFS! WOOHOO!”

torn:

Palace of the Plague Lord : C. L. Werner : 9781844164813

�6 with free delivery to the uk to anyone interested, although i havent checkedif play.com have it cheaper. (i pre ordered one of the horus heresy books for less than �4 off play.com)

The Slaver:

Yeah! Literature with evil stunties! looks like the gaming community is finally starting to turn around.

Xander:

Thanks for this! I may have to purchase. :slight_smile:

wallacer:

Interesting that it’s not written by Gav Thorpe.

The description of the CD sounds very much like the hellcannon crew to me. I wonder if Gav or someone else at GW put the word out about what “CD are supposed to look like now”.

Titanomachy:

Interesting that it's not written by Gav Thorpe.
The description of the CD sounds very much like the hellcannon crew to me.��I wonder if Gav or someone else at GW put the word out about what "CD are supposed to look like now".

wallacer
The BL authors get alot of their info from GW so its possible that he went to Gav himself to get the description of Zhardrach and the rest of the CD's. :)

If that is the case, or if its somewhat like that, I think we can safely say the CD's are in good hands. I hope C.L. Werner does a CD only book when they're realesed! :cheers

Titan

ashur:

Finaly some serious GW background about CD. So they seem to be slowly bringin them back, perhaps to slowly. Let’s hope they wont stop and that all this end up in a rulebook. Thanks for the information, I will consider purchase this book since I read english better that I write.