[Archive] Paper Iron Demon first draught

devlanmud:

My friend was kind enough to lend me a copy of Throne of Tamurkahn last week and I was very keen to see that Chaos Dwarves can be allied to Warriors of Chaos (my main army). I was also impressed with the Iron Demon but my gaming budget will not stretch to the forgeworld kit.

I thought I would look around for a papercraft model I could alter to fit the bill. I couldn’t find a single steamroller.

So I looked at some pictures, got the basic shape down and made my own.

There are several alterations to be made. the funnels are going to be changed. I’m going to add decoration to the wheels and cannons and it will be getting some spiky bits to make it look a bit more chaotic.

I plan to share templates when I’ve got them sorted.

Any advice on how to improve this from here would be fantastic.

Pyro Stick:

cornixt found a pretty good paper Iron Daemon. You can see him building it in his blog with a link to where it came from:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=10356

Eddandme:

Is this iron deamon flammable? :cheers

zhatan87:

Is this iron deamon flammable?
Ah Ah Ah:) Nice idea but waiting for the paint to speak.

cornixt:

Looks good! I’ve really gotten into paper models lately. Almost finished my paper iron daemon, only the wheels and a couple of small details left. If I did it again I think I’d make a similar design out of plasticard and scrap rather than cardstock.

devlanmud:

Heres the second attempt with more detail and improved funnels. I’ll do a bit more detailing on it then a coat of paint.

I had seen the One Monk Steam tank and I will give that a go next.

I’d ususally work in plasticard but the curved shapes in this design are hard to make with the thicknesses of plasticard I’ve got at the moment.

As for if it is flammable, I’ll try stoking the boiler on the first model and let you know.:slight_smile:

devlanmud:

Before Painting

and with a base coat.

G.2:

Great looking model. I would be proud to field this machine on the battlefield. Are you going to release any plans for the rest of us mere mortals to build one too. Thanks.

Obsidian Muse:

Nicely done. I didn’t think it was possible to create a menacing Iron Daemon from mere paper, but you have proved me wrong. Do you have any plans for the crew as well?

Zanko:

Good work but all in all not “my cup of tea”!

I like the feeling of metal much more! :smiley:

:hashut

devlanmud:

Great looking model. I would be proud to field this machine on the battlefield. Are you going to release any plans for the rest of us mere mortals to build one too. Thanks.

G.2
Thanks. I'll sort out plans next week, I've been trying to get them sorted for the printer. the A4 plans apparently won't fit on A4 paper :mad
The crew will probably be battle for skull pass dwarves with some cosmetic surgery.

zhatan87:

Painted, it’s far better. Original:)

ChungEssence:

Very interesting. Like the face with the teeth.

Looking forward to seeing it with crew