[Archive] Perfect buy for 40K

Yodrin:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws//home.jsp?_requestid=1228782

OMG, who is going to buy this at that cost???

LOL

gashnag:

When you have to really start space marines and have the worst case of ocd in the world

cornixt:

“I promise I’ll only order one thing from Games Workshop”

Nicodemus:

I could see a large company like Blue Table Painting or similar large painting company purchasing one of these or maybe if you wanted to get a solid lead on starting your 40K space human bitz business, but still and all… who would spend this much to only save $1500-2000 vs the cost of each model individually? If you’re buying that much find someone other than GW direct who will give you a better discount.  Sheesh.  I seriously hope they don’t sell any of these.

gashnag:

I could see a large company like Blue Table Painting or similar large painting company purchasing one of these or maybe if you wanted to get a solid lead on starting your 40K space human bitz business, but still and all... who would spend this much to only save $1500-2000 vs the cost of each model individually? If you're buying that much find someone other than GW direct who will give you a better discount.  Sheesh.  I seriously hope they don't sell any of these.

Nicodemus
Really there is a discount on the cost :o unlike the bundles they released for the Lizardmen in which the cost for the bundle and buying everything separately were the exact same

ClawLeader:

No way is it April already? This is crazy.

Thommy H:

I don’t know why anyone would mind the existence of this deal. If someone wanted to buy all these components separately, they could. This way there’s a discount and a load of freebies thrown in. Obviously very few people (if any) will purchase it, but so what? It’s not a bad deal for what you get (quite the reverse) and even GW acknowledge it’s a crazy stunt.

There are a lot of reasons to dislike GW - them selling a huge discounted bulk lot of their product as a publicity stunt isn’t one of them.

Yodrin:

There are a lot of reasons to dislike GW - them selling a huge discounted bulk lot of their product as a publicity stunt isn't one of them.

Thommy H
Its not that I dislike GW because of this deal, its just a stupid one...

Thommy H:

Why? There’s actually a significant discount.

The Odor:

I was actually contacted by a friend who was gathering people to buy it together. He wants ten people so they can split it into companies. (Didn’t join in.)

Fuggit Khan:

I can’t help but wonder how much of this is a “publicity stunt” versus GW experimentally tapping into another market opportunity: bits sellers. If you look at the various bits sellers on Ebay (and elsewhere), you can see that they rake in huge amounts of cash, a point no doubt that has not gone unnoticed by GW. Maybe they’re looking into enticing some new (or established) bits sellers into some quick bulk purchasing?

Discounts aside, GW are not fools, guaranteed that GW is still making money off of it…for starters, industrial grade styrene plastic is amazingly cheap.

ClawLeader:

I just think this item is humerous. It is consumerism at its finest.

speedygogo:

I think buying an entire marine chapter is a cool idea but in reality it is far too expensive and time consuming to be practical. However, this is GW fandom, so I wonder how many they will sell.