[Archive] Photobucket bandwidth exceeded

Admiral:

My bandwidth with Photobucket have been exceeded for the first time now. Will this disappear come next month, or will it remain permanent?

What other good photosharing sites are there to use for free?

I’d rather not pay Photobucket a monthly fee, although I’d have gladly paid them a one-time sum for unlimited access for all future.

Thanks for any help. :cheers

Dînadan:

Imageshack is free for a month. It used to be free all the time, but then for some reason they decided to make it so you had to pay to use it beyond a months free trial. Probably not that helpful, but should work for you if you want to wait a month to find out the answer to your photobucket question if no one is able to answer it.

Facebook is free to upload pics to and I don’t think there’s a limit, but I don’t know of anyway to share pics from there other than a link, which it doubt is any use to you :frowning:

Pyro Stick:

It will probably reset next month but maybe you should delete a few of your photos that you dont need anymore so you arent using as much bandwith. Heres an article from their support:

http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/200724014-Bandwidth-Exceeded-Look-Who-s-Popular-

Kera foehunter:

Yea i dislike photobucket these last few years so i mostly use fb

cornixt:

A lot of people use imgur.com, although I don’t know its limitations.

Grimstonefire:

It’s a few weeks I think. I had that once after I’d been the only one to take photos of things at a FW open day. My problem was that the slayerbrotherhood forum was driven at that time from photobucket images, so half the forum disappeared for a while.

Abecedar:

I think you must be photographing to much stuff my dear Admiral.

I remember paying a fee to a website, I think it was Photobucket but that was to go Advert free. Now that’s worth it.

Thanks for the link Pyro. Its something I needed to know but didn’t know I needed to know and now I do know.

Bloodbeard:

You won’t get as high a resolution. But Picassa is free.

Admiral:

Thanks a lot for all the help, everyone! I’d like a good online photo album without monthly/yearly payments. Single-time payments is fine if the services offered are sufficient.

Is Imageshack as good as Photobucket with resolution, edit options and the like?

Does Imageshack have monthly/yearly payments or just single-time payments? If the latter, how much does it cost for storage/bandwidth? Can’t find any prices on their website.

Dînadan:

Been a while since I used Imageshack, but offhand I don’t recall many edit options beyond being able to choose what size you want to upload the pic as.

As for prices, just checked the website and it says $2 a month or $20 per year.

Admiral:

Been a while since I used Imageshack, but offhand I don't recall many edit options beyond being able to choose what size you want to upload the pic as.

As for prices, just checked the website and it says $2 a month or $20 per year.

Dînadan
Thanks for the info. I'll stick with Photobucket then if there's no single-payment web albums.