[Archive] Plate armor or scale armor

Kera foehunter:

So when we get are new cd do you think they have plate armor (chaos warriors)

or the scale armor that we have now !!

or Chain mail ??

Ancient History:

Actually, currently we have lamellar armour.

Grimstonefire:

If the current Lamellar is the best they can sculpt I’d go for straight scale mail any day. I personally hope the CD will not have curved scales, there are plenty more ‘evil’ ways of doing it.

Of course it might be possible to have both scale mail and plate armour, but that would depend on the unit/ character type.

Chainmail… I doubt we’ll see that, maybe in very small areas to fill gaps.

Border Reiver:

Personally, I’m hoping for the lamellar style that we had in 4/5th ed. It was unique to the CDs and gave them a unique look.

Chainmail would make them look like evil dwarfs, and wouldn’y give them a unique enough look, same wth plate, as it would make them look like small Chaos Warriors - and again, it would detract from the unique look for the army.

But we’ll see what look they go for when/if they do it.

TwilightCo:

I have to agree with Border Reiver in part. The big hat and lamellar style make the CDs unmistakably warhammer creations. However, I prefer plate, scale and chain.

dedwrekka:

If the current Lamellar is the best they can sculpt I'd go for straight scale mail any day.  I personally hope the CD will not have curved scales, there are plenty more 'evil' ways of doing it.

Of course it might be possible to have both scale mail and plate armour, but that would depend on the unit/ character type.

Chainmail... I doubt we'll see that, maybe in very small areas to fill gaps.

Grimstonefire
Scale mail would require an absolutely insane amount of detail, so much so I doubt even the third party studios could pull it off. I mean, just look at chainmail, and imagine the lamellar style (the kind seen in Xander's conversion videos) on a smaller scale.

wallacer:

Plate would make them look a lot harder, but may not be practical given the nature of slaving expeditions. Maybe some kind of armour that affords a bit more mobility?

Kera foehunter:

I think plate on the immortal would be great

Revlid:

I’d like to see a mix of both, personally.

Kera foehunter:

well if you put it like that Revlid !

Baggronor:

Plate with scale. No mail, mail is for namby pamby western dwarfs :slight_smile: