[Archive] Poll: Will GW ever make more CD's?

Joshmohr:

We’ve all seen chaos dwarfs randomly pop on “whats new today”, if it be a model or a drawing. This shows that we are all but forgotten, so i will ask: Do you think GW will ever bring back chaos-dwarfs?

nitroglysarine:

sorry i’m of the hopeful but ultimately doubting camp. :frowning:

Joshmohr:

I’d have to agree. Its not looking like it will happen, but who knows? I think I may have to start playing my CD’s as chaos warriors.

Da Crusha:

I think it will happen eventually… one day many years from now :(.

I think I may have to start playing my CD’s as chaos warriors.

Joshmohr
but our old RH list is the best thing about cd’s in 8th edition. cd’s are a great army list now and we are definitely competitive.

nitroglysarine:

I think it will happen eventually.... one day many years from now :(.

Da Crusha
I'm a galaxy far, far away?? ;)

kin slayer:

I think its all down to how well the warhammer forge chaos dwarfs sell.

If they sell well, then GW will jump on the wagon and say that was there plan all the time to bring them back.

If they flop then GW will say thats why we got rid.

but i could be wrong.

Da Crusha:

I think its all down to how well the warhammer forge chaos dwarfs sell.

If they sell well, then GW will jump on the wagon and say that was there plan all the time to bring them back.
If they flop then GW will say thats why we got rid.

but i could be wrong.

kin slayer
Yeah Probably, but the forgeworld ones were made for nostalgic big hat fans. I thought for sure the future of Cd's was going in the Hellcannon direction.

dncswlf:

I don’t think GW will make new pices… but sub contractors like Forge World will… my thoughts…

cornixt:

It’s always tough to tell. If the forgeworld ones sell well then I think it’s very likely that GW will stick them in as a full army.

Loki:

I think that now forge world are doing them it will be even longer if at all that we see CD returning to GW stores :frowning:

furrie:

@ Loki: I think it depence on how well they sell. As siad before.

Thorne:

GW will never do Chaos dwarves again in a guise we will be expecting. GW may support a third party like forge world. But I never expect GW to put the boxes of injection moulded sprues with special chaos dwarfyness next to the top seller space marrines. What I would expect is the likes of Mantic forgeworld and others to be able to be able to cash in on a different angle. I would expect mayhaps a army book from forgeworld as well as the supposed forthcomming chaos dwarf models but not from GW directly.

richard barby:

i really hope there is no army book from forge world it will be half pie at best errated raveging hordes and indy list are good enough

also if you have origanals they get more and more valuble

Baggronor:

I took the WF releases as a mixed blessing really; its kind of an admission by GW that they won’t be doing them in the foreseeable future, and that they’re content to let WF see what they can do with them. Even if they sell well, and GW eventually decide its worth taking a chance and doing a full CD army, we’re still looking at years before anything happens. I’m ambivalent about a full-on new book anyway tbh, its the unofficial status of CDs that appeals to me.

Hazkar:

i think it will depend on how well the wf ones sell

entropic:

i was told next year next year since 98?.. im afraid there the squats of the warhammer world

Fequiil:

I think it will happen eventually.... one day many years from now :(.

Da Crusha
I'm a galaxy far, far away?? ;)

nitroglysarine
a long, long time ago, but somehow in the future, yes yes:mask...

i think GW might make new CDs, but only if the FW ones seel very VERY well.:~

Grimstonefire:

I think if GW start producing resin models (not just FW/WF) then it would be a real possibility.  Other than that I can’t really see it happening in the short term.

In the longer term I think it would not be impossible for them to make a plastic set to go with a FW range, a combined release.  Why else would they even be bothered about FW releasing units of them (as opposed to on blunderbuss wagons etc)?

If FW were to pay GW out of their budget for a plastic mould it would also be possible for them to release plastic models. People have spotted 3 up chaos dwarf models, so perhaps it was on the cards at one point.

Joshmohr:

Yeah I’ve spotted quite a few, and the more recent picture of a bull centaur. Thats pretty much what gave me the idea for this thread.

nitroglysarine:

I’ve only seen the drawing, is there a photo of the model banging about?