[Archive] Popping popcorn with your phone

Theory_Man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V94shlqPlSI

Do you think it is fake or real?

Can’t wait till myth busters does an episode on this.

Matthias:

I’m going to take a fairly comfortable leap of faith here and say that what the video suggests is impossible.

furrie:

you can’t boil eggs with mobile phones, so why would you be able to pop pocorn with them. I think they have a hitting plate placed under the table, close enough to the tabele, so the corn gets enough heat to pop.

PS
nice sign theory

cornixt:

The bulb in a nightlight produces more heat than a mobile phone.

zorn sabretooth:

it probably emits raidation to turn all people in to mutant slaves

rabotak:

well i dont know if its actually possible to pop the corn but the radiation emitted by cell phones is actually pulsed microwave radiation… and it does cause our heads to heat up a little while phoning, and has some other scary effects on the membranes of our brain cells… and yes i´m still using them

Theory_Man:

well i dont know if its actually possible to pop the corn but the radiation emitted by cell phones is actually pulsed microwave radiation... and it does cause our heads to heat up a little while phoning, and has some other scary effects on the membranes of our brain cells... and yes i´m still using them

rabotak
scary indeed...

@ furrie
*PS*
nice sign theory
Sign Theory, what is that? Does it have to do with M Night Shyamalan and UFOs?

Knight Of Awsome:

All three vids i found of them doing this, they all have a a white cell phone in them… but seeing it on mythbusters would be cool…:cheers

Kera foehunter:

fake fake totaly fake if it was real david blane would of done it under water

furrie:

@ furrie
*PS*
nice sign theory
Sign Theory, what is that? Does it have to do with M Night Shyamalan and UFOs?

Theory_Man
signature Theory_Man

Hashut’s Blessing:

It would take a superphone to pop the corn. However, as mentioned above, the radiation of a phone would heat it up slightly. Over a LONG period of time, it might cook, but it’d have rotted most likely by then. Or, it’d have cancer.

As mentioned above, it is likely they have used a heating plate or done it on an oven or some such. I haven’t bothered to watch the video. General Knowledge and an A-Level in physics is enough for me to make this estimation, without a piece of video “proof”. it’s like the whole “Tennis ball can open a car” trick. What you don;t see, is the person behind the camera pressing the remote key of the car :smiley:

Theory_Man:

Or, it'd have cancer.

Hashut's Blessing
Question to response

Can plants get cancer from radiation? My knowledge of General Knowledge and and science leads me to this conclusion...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebfLWAB8bY4

maybe

Knowns
The USA is going through a tomato scare right now; phones may cause radiation in plants leading to mutation.

Conclusion
possible tomato apocalypse?

Filipicusius:

Hehehehe… It’s cute when he is chased by the small tomato…

AGPO:

fake fake totaly fake if it was real david blane would of done it under water

Kera foehunter
Ah the Gitwizard, personally I loved the 'less than warm' reception we gave him over here. When he hung himself in a box over tower bridge with no food for 44 days or whatever it was, some guys went and bought a remote control helecopter, tied a Big Mac to it and flew it round his box all day

furrie:

Hehehehe.... It's cute when he is chased by the small tomato...

Filipicusius
attack of the killer tomtatoes :P

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

well you can all ways pause the film then start again that how i’ve got avideo of me running in to a wall then coming back out again

P.S killer tomatos :smiley:

cornixt:

I remember the killer tomatoes cartoon v series. Pretty funny.

Sojourn:

I don’t know what the Blackberry emits, but it’s CERTAINLY addictive and makes me go back for more (I love my BB Pearl)

and I believe it’s fake, but I’ve been wron-- oh wait, no I haven’t. fake.

Theory_Man:

Turns out its fake…

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/94863

Hashut’s Blessing:

I told ya so :smiley: AGPO, are you referring to Blane? I thought it was funny when people got some laser pens and pointed them at him and he got scared because he thought someone was trying to snipe him :smiley: Killer tomatoes pwn. However, an army of Beastmen would devour them easily :smiley: