[Archive] Possible sticky topic for the site

Willmark:

Put this one down as a public service annoucement: I think we might need a sticky for some of the slang terms in use here @ CDO. If there isn’t one already:

Example, here are two that I coined, that are getting regular mileage:

- “vultureBay” everyone should know what this is

- “SWSNBN” a take of from CoC on a certain “vulture-bayer” we all know and hate.

Anyone got other ones? I’m sure there’s more out there. If its not needed then disregard the post and mods please delete or lock (as needed).

wallacer:

Perhaps it could go on the wiki and we could just link to it?

AGPO:

I’d suggest BFSP for thereally uninitiated, an explanationof what Immortals are and WDP:CD would be useful too

minty:

then all we need is a link to the member list and where done, eh kera:)

and we don’t spam, spam has no point, our posts have a point, just not one relevent with the thread where in, like now, I’m not talking about abreviations but are pointing out why where not spamming

also, howabout Anti-Tallhat as an synonim for Kera, eh everyone?

Ghrask Dragh:

I like the idea of linking it to the wiki.

They had the right idea on Bugmans Brewery, stuff like GW was highlighted in a different colour and when you ran the cursor over it a little box came up explaning - ‘Games Workshop’ or ‘Great Weapon’ I’m not sure how they did it but it was very usefull for people like me who aren’t up to date with all the abbreviations.

Grimstonefire:

It may be interesting for those in the know to use such things, but IMO hardly worth a sticky that would need frequent updating.

Added to that, it might only confuse new people who would constantly need to be directed towards it.

@Ghrask

I agree, I think every wargame forum should have that.��It makes it easier for people to read and we sure have a lot of things here to use it for. Something to do with tagged words I think…?

Tallhat:

what about the spamanators . That is half you guys on this site.
* Kera fall off her seat Laughting*

Kera foehunter
Oh so funny :P

- Tallhat

Kera foehunter:

Kera list of spamanator

#1- minty

list completed

Willmark:

Ouch and game over ladies and gentlemen, Kera for the win!

Tallhat:

also, howabout Anti-Tallhat as an synonim for Kera, eh everyone?

minty
I like that very much :)

- Tallhat

Tallhat:

No fair…

- Tallhat

minty:

No fair....

- Tallhat

Tallhat
:P:P:Phaha, well to defend my title heres a bunny with a pancake on it's head:P:P:P

Tallhat:

laughs Please tell me that is your bunny :slight_smile:

- Tallhat

minty:

well, it’s my neighbors, Why?

AGPO:

That picture has made my day! If I could remember how to award slaves I would send you one!

Tallhat:

well, it's my neighbors, Why?

minty
Because its not so much fun if its only a pic you scavenged of the net.
That bunny looks so humiliated :)

- Tallhat

AGPO:

More resigned IMO

minty:

AGPO, to send slaves click on the persons profile and choose donate slaves

anyway, I could have done worse and out on the skateboarding dog, but thought that would be overkill

all kneel to the new spam king

AGPO:

One slave to you then Mr. Minty

Tallhat:

We all know who the true king of spamming is minty.

- Tallhat