[Archive] Power scroll nerfed

wallacer:

http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=90353

Bolg:

yeeeeh. and now the Book of Hoath!!

Baggronor:

Huzzah! Nice to GW actually responding to feedback.

and now the Book of Hoath!!
I doubt they will address army book items. There’s quite a long wishlist of nerfs :wink: Much as I would love to see Book of Hoeth, Doomrocket, etc nerfed, I suspect they will just keep the new army books coming and rebalance armies as they go. Would be nice to play against HEs that didn’t remove half your army every magic phase though…

nilbog:

The book of hoeth is a 100 point item on an unarmoured T3 elf…it does mean the game hinges on getting rid of that one model, but it’s certainly doable. As a high elf player I never take it (or Teclis) precisely for that reason - it’s too much of an ‘all eggs in one basket’ situation (plus, of course, nobody would ever play against me if I took Teclis all the time). But remember that a runed up grudge thrower, or organ gun, or helblaster can get rid of a serious chunk of elves in one go as well.

Power scroll…I’ve only ever seen it taken by cheesy players. They’ll just have to find some other way of writing uber army lists.

Bolg:

Teclis is a named/special character, in general you dont see those on any tournament, Thank god(and I do mean Hasnut)

nilbog:

Teclis is a named/special character, in general you dont see those on any tournament, Thank god(and I do mean Hasnut)

Bolg
Quite! It is good to see GW actually responding to what gamers have been saying. Ther's even a line in the new WD about writing to them about their rules!

Bolg:

Wow, the take feedback (: thats new d: But yes this is nothing more than a very good thing.

Swissdictator:

Yeah, a lot of tournaments around here still ban special characters (which I am happy about in some ways), but those around here that allow them you never see Teclis more due to the possibility of people taking out to the woods of WI and leaving you there. :wink: Plus you can kiss certain scores good bye, and some tournaments might even ask you to change it when submitted due to being too cheesy.

Personally I’d love it if they killed Teclis off. Seriously. They should. Partially based off the few times I played against him, and my general hatred of High Elves (I play Dark Elves).

I actually like the change. It adds lot of versatility and usefulness to it, while balancing it. Now your level 1 or 2 can cast those #6 spells possibly. Amusingly, the 13th spell needs a 13 to cast with the power scroll now.

I have used the Power Scrol + Token + 6 dice on the 13th spell and it is mean. I’ve done it to elite blocks of troops before and it is brutal (Black Guard, Chosen, Warriors, Temple Guard).

Baggronor:

Personally I'd love it if they killed Teclis off. Seriously. They should. Partially based off the few times I played against him, and my general hatred of High Elves (I play Dark Elves).
Hear hear :) He deserves a slap.