[Archive] Progression of a Nation

Kera foehunter:

your welcome !! Just doing my part to help with building the nation

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Thought I’d bounce this one back up from the realms below.

No further progress at this time, but thought it would be good to see it again.

Swissdictator:

I love the unit champion with the gnoblar on his back. I look forward to see more of this blog.

Zanko:

I´m curious to the minis painted, cool stuff!

:hashut

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Started painting the mini’s. Gave the finished guys a second primer paint job this morning. I’m styling my Cd’s after the  1880’s Prussian / Earily WW1 German Army.

As a reference:

Helmets and Earily/Late WWI uniform.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

And these ones:

Sorry for double post, but I thought the pics would take up too much room. :smiley:

Zanko:

Ok I´m also curious of the next conversions!

It might look great but I have some difficulties with my imagination … :stuck_out_tongue:

:hashut

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I think I’ll have to do the Heavy Weapons for the contest, so expect some kind of War Machine.

Kera foehunter:

these would be perfect hobgoblin!!! tall thin and dangerous!!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Two pics of CD’s in primer.

Here’s my Champion after 2 coats of Tremclad Black Primer. Originally, his hat was red so I masked off a red band on his helmet with some 1/4 inch masking tape before spraying on the primer.

This guy is primed using Tremclad Grey Primer. I wanted the “Core Units” to have a different colour uniform from the Heroes and Elites.

Hazkar:

nice convertions

i like the beards,they have a great look

and your lord looks good so far

Swissdictator:

Franco-Prussian War for the win!

The beards look nice and look like they’re a natural part of the figure.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

ThanX for the compliments guys!

Yeah…nice that the grey primer was almost the same colour match as the GW plastic! :smiley: But i had to spray it twice because the original coat didn’t cover the green and red wire too well. I also had a little difficulty getting the camera not to move when I took the picture. I think it took me 5 shots to get the grey one, and it’s still blurry! Mind yu, if I set the automatic timer, I probably would have got it, but I was in a hurry to take these 2 pics.

additional, the two black figures behind the grey guy were the Female Dwarfs that Kera sent me. I’m not modifying them, but they’re up there in top ranking officers.

Kera foehunter:

cool !!!that mean your troops will have a higher leadership!!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Yeah, I usually keep the women at the top! :smiley:

Kera foehunter:

lol * Kera think for a minute!! *and shakes her head

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Yeah…oops! Sorry for the innuendo! LOL!

Swissdictator:

I have been/still am planning on making my Empire have a lot of female characters. I though it’d be cool.

A female warrior priest of Morr? Sweet.

Blackhand: The standard bearer now has me thinking of how to make ie easier to make the beards look right for the BFSP… leaving the little big of beard between army and mouth as is instead of trying to Dawi Zharr-ify it. Yours looks much better then mine for it.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

ThanX! I tried to simplify my guys and take the best of what the mini had to offer and work off that. There’s a large percentage of my guys that don’t have the coil beards simply because I figured they wouldn’t look good with them.

(They come from some of the various different CD regions and therefore have different beards.)

I’m also trying to avoid the tusks because I find them too small to work with. However, I try and make sure my guys have the “Big Nose”. Have to have some resembelance to the GW CD’s.

the unheard one:

Nice job there all pretty cool. Interesting idea with the WW1 germans.