[Archive] [Project Proposal] Would Chaos Dwarfs Online want a quarterly magazine?

Hobgobbler:

Sounds like a great idea!

Would it be available to all of us here at the forum by electronic means?

Crimson Prophet:

Alrighty then, if theres going to be a section dedicated to this, then good. I’m working out what and how and where everything is going to go, but I must warn you, this will be my first magazine. However, hopefully I will be able to structure it in a suitable way, that appeals to one and all. So, what I need from you valued contributors and awesomest people is what you can do, how creative you are and some examples if you could please.

I will be doing the basic building of the magazine, working out interviewer questions regarding the Army Featurette, some of the Hororscopes, a short story, and help around with fluff regarding the Immortals, which will hopefully be the end product for a true army book that could be “published” by the forums in pdf format.

Later on, I’ll attach a concept design of the front page, last and contents.

Cheers

Grimstonefire:

I presume somebody here has the ability to produce multi-page pdfs? We can host it here.

grimsnikk:

isn’t the whole point of his assignment to do that?

I’m assuming in a layout program like quark?

Although, incidently, i could.

cornixt:

I have a pdf distiller on my PC, plus Open Office produces pdfs directly. They are pretty easy to get hold of now.

Xander:

Grimsnikk raises a good point. What software do you intend to use to make the Mag?

Crimson Prophet:

I am required to use Microsoft Word. At home, I do not have the proper software to produce a pdf file, however, if some does, I would gladly send the finished works to them once my assignment is complete and proper assimilation into this community is avaliable.

Cheers :slight_smile:

DARKTROOPER:

i can contribute some CD stuff for Blood Bowl. I have some stuff I need to edit right now actually :~

Crimson Prophet:

Sorry hobgobbler, as I kinda missed your message while checking my emails and being linked to a older version of this thread. Umm. I hope it will be electronic, however, that will be for the glorious Administration to decide.

I would like to add that when the addition of the projects to the forum, I (or Admin) will establish threads for contributions and volunteering, informing me and whosoever will aid in the assimilation of the magazine, before emailing the completed work as to prevent sneak peeks ;). As it is first issue, I am require to do a lot of the planning, designing, etc myself, as it is a High School assignment. Afterwards, it can be added onto to allow others to contribute to the “First Issue” and made worthy of Hashut himself.

As a question: Do you all follow your unofficial army book rules, cause that would be cool, having “unofficial” tournaments away from games-workshop in order to prove to them that Chaos Dwarfs are once again viable. I know that you can have your own rules as Druchii.com does in their magazine, unofficially of course. :wink:

Ps. Because of the amount of support that this has gotten so far, I am proud to say that I joined this forum. (whispers is it too obvious that I’m trying to suck up and appeal to everyone’s vanity?)

hal:

This is a very exciting project, I can’t wait for more updates.

From what I’ve seen so far we are by far the most innovative warhammer forum IMO.

Uzkul Werit:

And yet, one of the smallest too. Apart from the DOW sites.

When would you like those examples done by?

Xander:

This is a very exciting project, I can't wait for more updates.
From what I've seen so far we are by far the most innovative warhammer forum IMO.

hal
*single tear* That's what I am trying to promote! Innovation and continued creativity!

I just opened the Chaos Dwarf Project section at the bottom of the forum.

Xander:

Crimson, create a new Topic with all your laid out plans, I will sticky that new topic and we can get this ball rolling.

Rattler:

Some kind of project like this could draw sooooooo many people to Chaos Dwarfs! Gogogogo! :cheers

AGPO:

It really should include stuff which doesn’t go so much on the normal site. I’d go for conversion classes, modelling skills such as how to do weapons, robes or the like - basically something different, otherwise we mihgt as well just post the content on the site.