[Archive] Pyro's Chaos Dwarf Collection: Square to Round Base Adapters

Pyro Stick:

Here’s my GH entry. Thanks to anyone that voted for it.

Dont know if i will have much more Chaos Dwarf stuff coming after this until i get around to repainting the asscannon. Currently trying out AoS and painting up the starter set. The minis are a lot nicer than i thought they would be and the first game of AoS was more fun than i thought it would be. I’m not a fan of the fluff or how they introduced it but its good for when you don’t have the time for a proper game of warhammer.

Abecedar:

Nice entry, they really are brutal looking.

Loidrial:

I really like the shields, they arent the FW ones, where did you find them?

Pyro Stick:

I really like the shields, they arent the FW ones, where did you find them?

Loidrial
They came with the models. They are from MOM Miniatures:
http://www.momminiaturas.com/divine-rage/enanos-oscuros/

Admiral:

Brutal to boot! Well done.

Darkmeer:

Wow. Wonderful minis! Excellent work, Pyro. I absolutely love how battle worn they look.

Jackswift:

The unit looks great. A very nice job on the worn and scratched look to the painted metal surfaces.

Fuggit Khan:

I really like the shields

Loidrial
Yeah, those shields are really cool. It's a great looking unit Pyro, excellent colors and it was a joy to see an entire unit entered in the GH :hat off

tjub:

Looks great, Pyro is back on track! :slight_smile:

Loidrial:

i’m considering those models for the shields, i didnt know there were out there one similar to the FW ones.

Pyro Stick:

Thanks guys. There’s still a lot i can do to them and ive noticed a few mistakes in the photos. I didn’t finish them until 1am after taking a 6hr bus journey. The models themselves have a few problems. The feet are badly cast and thats where i found all the air bubbles. The shields also have massive amounts of flash on the back, like a two big resin plugs and some smaller ones. I think the shields are way too big for the models as well. They could probably rank up better but it was so late i didn’t really try.

Bloodbeard:

I voted for this entry, it’s a huge amount of work you’ve done Pyro.

I really like the miniatures as well, brutes they are. We’ll have to add them to our wiki at some point in the future.

Carcearion:

Wow! Seeing these guys for the first time and they are great!

These look like what the infernal guard should look like. Outcast warriors just encased in twisted beaten metal bearing heavy crude and brutal weapons in wicked masks. I don�?Tt know if you intended them to be infernal guard, but their lore is immediately what jumps to mind looking at these guys.

Pyro Stick:

eBay + lots of beer=

This didnt turn out exactly how i wanted it to but i still quite like it. The idea came about when i tried to come up with a solution for a juggernaut missing the boar. Originally i planned to have two smoke stacks/furnace things at the back side by side (its a vapouriser coil) but my coils were too big so i only managed to fit one. Also planned to give it an extra pair of wheels and some gear to make it look more like a steam train but the bits i printed came out a bit too flimsy so i scrapped that idea and just used one of the wheels for a steering wheel. The wheel, smoke and side smoke stack are all 3D printed, which is why the smoke is so flat underneath so ill make that look better eventually. I probably would have used more of the verdigris effect but i painted that at a friends house and i dont have the paints myself. Thanks to everyone that voted for it but when i saw the other entries i saw i had no chance haha.

Abecedar:

I loved the idea and thought that a missing boar would have been apart of the plan.
It could be a stage in the evolution from juggernaut to Iron Daemon

Zanko:

Though I gave my vote to other entries I like your Juggernaut a lot! :hat off

Very cool idea to use a furnace, maybe I will steal this idea for a further project! :wink:

:hashut

Jackswift:

Have to say I thought the idea was clever and well executed. Yours was near the top of my list. Nice paint result and great job using 3D printing too. Look forward to seeing more from you on this. Need to get my 3D printer built. Cheers!

Pappa Midnight:

eBay + lots of beer=

Pyro Stick
Surely you meant : ebay + lots of beer + excellent imagination + execution !!!

Really nice work. I am intrigued with this 3D printing lark and the way you have integrated it into your model. I also look forward to seeing more.

Regards
PM

Slavemaster Hod:

Ebay + beer = empty pocket way too often. Great execution, I really like the idea and would love to see this guy next to his rank and file.

Admiral:

Ingenious creation, characterful to boot. The steering wheel is my favourite detail. Do you plan to put it on a base?