[Archive] Pyro's Forest Dragon

Pyro Stick:

I tried my best to get all the dust of but there is probably still a lot i missed. Just as well the pics arent the most focused then. Ill try get better pics of the ones that are blurred.

More Wood Elves to come.

(woooo 1000th post!!)

Doombeard:

looks sweet man, i am painting one of these up at the moment

AGPO:

Nice work, I have the old version but I’m sorely tempted…

Malificant:

i love the forest dragon model, and the paintjob is great. dont see many forest dragons…

Khaosbeardling:

I like how you did the eyes of the dragon, they stand out very well IMO. Very well done, have one on me. :cheers

Pyro Stick:

This model is such a mammoth paint job. I was so overwelmed that i painted it over about 5 months. Notice how all the little sprite things are all different colours.

AGPO:

Yeah, the original was a pain in the a***, but with all those sprites and vines its even worse now!

Doombeard:

yeah its doing my head in too!

cornixt:

Took me ages to pin mine together, two pins in each of the tail sections. Then all the greenstuff filling for the gaps.

How well does the green work with the snow theme? Mine is brown

Pyro Stick:

Took me ages to pin mine together, two pins in each of the tail sections. Then all the greenstuff filling for the gaps.

How well does the green work with the snow theme? Mine is brown

cornixt
I never bothered to pin mine. I cant remember if it took ages to glue together but it probably did.

I think the green works quite well. The leaves are all golden and dead and the thing on the end of the tail, along with his tongue, are painted like ice.

clam:

I love that model - and you did a great job on it - Pyro:hat

I never bothered to pin mine.

Pyro Stick
What kind of superglue do you use :slight_smile: - If I didn’t pin such a model - I wouldn’t be able to move it anywhere. Don’t it come to pieces all the time?

Pyro Stick:

Well i havent used it that much since my wood elf army is tiny and probably not even legal. I think i used Loctite super glue, the brush on stuff.

Ravel:

Fantastic Job, Always loved a well done dragon.

Grimstonefire:

I think the membrane on the wings needs a final highlight. Looks just a little flat.

Other than that an amazing effort, a huge project like this can be soul destroying.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

That is a fantastic model and I love the different shades of green that you used. What’s the colour of the belly and soft skin parts?

Pyro Stick:

That is a fantastic model and I love the different shades of green that you used. What's the colour of the belly and soft skin parts?

Ishkur Cinderhat
hmmm i think the greenns i used were dark angels green and goblin green? I might of used snot green

ashur:

Elves in a CD site. I hate them.

Very nice paint job. They dont deserve your good work.