[Archive] Pyro's Iron Warriors: Obliterator WIP

Pyro Stick:

Thanks everyone! Tomorrow i will post my almost complete IW Rhino with Forge World Doors and Reinforced Armour.

Maul:

I was never a fan of the original paint scheme, but I like the look of your chaos marines. I really like the blue core of the plasma gun and section of the lascannon.

I look forward to your future demon prince. You will want one someday.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Damn you, Pyro, making me want to get back to painting MY IW :wink: It;s just annoying as whether I use white or not before the yellow, it still takes a total of 6-8 coats before I can use the black lol :smiley:

Pyro Stick:

WIP Tank with Forge World bits. The yellow is meant to be Sunburst Yellow but the lighting was really bad. Couldnt even make it look better on Photoshop.

clam:

Looks promissing Pyro :hat off Hope a few spicky bitz will find it’s way to this too :slight_smile: - and those Forge World bitz really gives the Rhino some character. Great work!

Pyro Stick:

Looks promissing Pyro :hat off Hope a few spicky bitz will find it's way to this too :) - and those Forge World bitz really gives the Rhino some character. Great work!

clam
The rhino is going to have the rest of those spikes above the door added to that one side but i dont think there will be much more spikes after that. For the hole left in the top, im going to put a csm sticking out of there and the hole will probably be surrounded by spikes and that going to be it. Its just a transport after all so its not that important. I cant wait to start on the Vindicator though. Its going to be awesome.

Ghrask Dragh:

Lovin’ the tank mate!! The black works really well, there should be more black in their colours I think, nice job :hat off

Hashut’s Blessing:

Ghrask, I’d best get mine up then because mine are very much a crossbreed of Black Legion and Iron Warriors in terms of paint scheme. however, using Pyro’s painting to get my inspiration up enough to finish some more first :wink:

Pyro Stick:

Once i finish this ill try to get my Warsmith done. It is indredibly detailed though so it might take a while.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Ah, now THAT’s one I;ve done :wink:

Swissdictator:

Very nice. I’ve always liked the black, gold/yellow, and metal paint scheme for Chaos… be it fantasy or 40k. It looks very cool.

The tank looks sharp and clean.

clam:

Once i finish this ill try to get my Warsmith done. It is indredibly detailed though so it might take a while.

Pyro Stick
Yes please - that's such a cool model - looking forward to see.

Pyro Stick:

Warsmiths done wooOOOoooOOOOooO! Its looks better in real life though.

I still cant think of how to do the base’s. Any ideas anyone?

Canix:

Great IW’s .You could do ash chaos wasteland bases so you could play on the same gaming board as the CD

IMO it would look good with a contrast, snow or sand style say which would make the figures pop :hat off

Kera foehunter:

PYRO your a painting machine!!! you been putting out a lot GREAT JOB!!!

Pyro Stick:

Heres some very WIP pics of the sorceror:

Ubertechie:

Pyro

Looking good - For the bases i would stick to mud / grass rather than stone as they will give good contrast to the large amounts of silver / grey and yellow on the models - i do all my bases as follows

1: coat with GW sand

2: wash with vallejo brown ink

3: drybrush with graveyard earth and paint the edges with graveyard earth

4: Flock in 2 or 3 blobs

Pyro Stick:

Some obliterator wips:

and the rhino almost complete apart from the driver. Im trying to get hold of a grey knight tank commander for that part since this tank will be used with my grey knights as well and gk helmets look a bit similar to iw imo.

edit: lol the tank pic looks practically the same as the last one. the only major difference is the spikes on top of the door frame.

Merchant:

Hey Pyro, I’ll just say - that your project is a great insperation for me own Iron Warriors, but as I have written to you in my own topic - it will not be before I got my Traitor Guard completed.

But again, I really like your project - keep them coming :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

That is so cool pyro !! i love the color there so bright and clean