[Archive] Pyro's Man o War Fleets

Pyro Stick:

I thought i would start this up since ive suddenly gotten into man o war and will be painting up quite a few models eventually. So far all ive got is a thunderfire battlebarge, 3 great taurus, a warpraider, a doombell, 2 death fortress’ , a doomreaver and i should have a plagueship, 3 plaguecrushers and a bane tower arriving shortly.

Heres what ive got done so far:

Thunderfire Battlebarge:

Skaven Warpraider:

I still need to get them some sails but i want to wait until i have the chance to print out a lot of high quality stuff, then i can get man o war sails and banners for my cd’s at the same time.

Ill get the great taurus painted up once i buy some more chaos black spray and can start to undercoat my models again.

Swissdictator:

It’s looking good Pyro. Nice detail work on the CD ship.

Ghrask Dragh:

Sweet, a new blog!

This man o war seems to be getting quite popular judging by some of the ebay prices, looks like there will be some cool stuff here. Will you be going with both skaven and our Chaos Dwarfs?

Looking forward to more

:cheers

Pyro Stick:

Sweet, a new blog!
This man o war seems to be getting quite popular judging by some of the ebay prices, looks like there will be some cool stuff here. Will you be going with both skaven and our Chaos Dwarfs?

Looking forward to more
:cheers

Ghrask Dragh
Some of the ebay prices are ridicolous. £35 for an empire galleon!?!?!? I got a good deal on plague fleet though cause it came with no rules but it was mint condition apart from that and i got it for £10.

Ill probably be going with a Chaos Dwarf fleet first of all, then a small Nurgle fleet, and if i can get hold of The Black Arc (biggest ship in the game) then ill expand my Dark Elfs as well.

Kera foehunter:

love the ships there are painted great too !!! and congrats on your 2000 post

Hazkar:

the models are looking nice

how small are they?i´ve never seen one in real live

clam:

So glad to see you are letting us have a look over your shoulder on this project. I - for one - am not very familiar with this Man o’ War game - and would really like to see more of this.

So please bring a us an update when you are back at our forum - can’t be that long :wink:

Btw: Congrat’s with the 2K posts :smiley:

turquois dwarf:

even if ebay prices do go up ships at that scale arnt that hard to make. i had a go at making one from cardboard and sprue and it worked fine.

Kera foehunter:

so pyro are you getting the dwarf ships so you have someone to fight

wallacer:

They look good.

I wonder whatever happened to that rumoured MoW re-release…

Pyro Stick:

First of 3 Great Taurus for my fleet.

Kera foehunter:

looks great Pyro! he so cute

Bassman:

It’s a micro dwarf! It should have been a pain in the back to paint it :o

Very good job, I’d like to see a barry shot. :slight_smile:

Pyro Stick:

It's a micro dwarf! It should have been a pain in the back to paint it :o
Very good job, I'd like to see a barry shot. :)

Bassman
It was actually easier to paint than i thought it would be. Whats a barry shot? Typo?

BilboBaggins:

That is a cool Taurus and the ships are great.

Stick the flying base on a 25mm base for a shot and submit it to the Slayer Brotherhood’s painting contest.

Pyro Stick:

Another Skaven ship, this time a Doombringer:

Kera foehunter:

i like the green it look great!! and stands out

tjub:

Really cool ships, never played the game thou… Is it anything like old epic?

Pyro Stick:

Really cool ships, never played the game thou... Is it anything like old epic?

tjub
I dont know, ive never played epic. You can download some basic/quick start rules here: http://z3.invisionfree.com/Doom_Harbour/index.php?showtopic=11

Let me know if you want the whole rulebook. The rules are really easy to learn but its hard to have a game unless you have all the templates and stuff that comes with the boxed set.

clam:

So you haven’t given up the idea of a Chaos Dwarf fleet - yet? How many models do you have by now?

Awesome miniatures and beautifully painted - really like the Skaven fleet colour scheme alot.

And the taurus is very nice too - how big (read: small) is it - it look’s so tiny.

You really have awaken a desire in me to try out navel fantasy warfare.