[Archive] Pyro's Man o War Fleets

Loki:

Great work on all of the models, i have liked the look of man o war for some time but know one plays it in my local area and its cost to much for them to buy off ebay, looking forward to seeing your fleet growing :slight_smile:

Pyro Stick:

Great work on all of the models, i have liked the look of man o war for some time but know one plays it in my local area and its cost to much for them to buy off ebay, looking forward to seeing your fleet growing :)

Loki
If you are interested in the game then join my forum where you can find a download for some basic rules and you can see if you like it or not.
http://doomharbour.freehostia.com/Forum

You can also get some paper 3d box ship things here:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/theseaofclaws/

You could just print out a whole fleet and save yourself from having to buy them on ebay.
So you haven't given up the idea of a Chaos Dwarf fleet - yet? How many models do you have by now?

Awesome miniatures and beautifully painted - really like the Skaven fleet colour scheme alot.

And the taurus is very nice too - how big (read: small) is it - it look's so tiny.

You really have awaken a desire in me to try out navel fantasy warfare.

clam
All the models i have are the ones ive posted already, 2 more great taurus, 2 dark elf ships (i might have 3), 3 plaguecrushers, a plagueship and a bane tower.

You can see pics of the scale of the great taurus in that thread about the 10mm chaos dwarfs. I think the scale of the great taurus is 12mm.

Loki:

Thanks for that Pryo, i think i will :slight_smile:

Pyro Stick:

Ive finally got enough models to build a proper Chaos Dwarf fleet so expect pics of almost 2000 points of CD ships soon. Heres my Fleet List for a 1500 point fleet (dont have enough Ships of the Line for a bigger fleet):

http://doomharbour.freehostia.com/Forum/showthread.php?tid=53

And heres my 1000 point Plaguefleet list for those that are interested:

http://doomharbour.freehostia.com/Forum/showthread.php?tid=52

Heres a plaguecrusher im working on:

Its finished but im not happy with it. I want to make the wood look rotten but i dont know how to go about painting that.

Kera foehunter:

so pyro are you planning on getting all the fleets or just a couple

Pyro Stick:

so pyro are you planning on getting all the fleets or just a couple

Kera foehunter
Just a Chaos Dwarf and Plaguefleet list.

Border Reiver:

To get a “rotting wood look” try drybrusing with a light grey and maybe GW’s Kommando Khaki, then applying a light green wash to that area

Kera foehunter:

So now your on the skaven ships, do they have a ship that power by the doom wheel ??

Gelli:

On the finishing touches for the ship, maybe give the fly’s eyes a couple more stages along with the green on it’s head. I reckon what border said should give you that rotting looks, maybe a light green wash after that aswell maybe? Great to see man o war! have the boxed set myself :slight_smile:

clam:

Ahh awesome, another ship :wink:

The plaguecrusher is painted so nice - and yes, maybe too nice for a plague navy.

I would go for some lighter browns - graveyard earth, khaki ect. - highlighted with Bleached Bone/light grey mixes - and the also a few washes of rotten colours - like greens, pinks and maybe blues.

Cant wait to see your 2000p Chaos Dwarfs, though. Keep it comming, please :wink:

Pyro Stick:

Im almost finished with my Plagueship. I think i might have made the masts too tall but i dont mind:

To do - Find the other paddlewheel,  finish the top flag poles,finish the last two catapaults and put it on a base that has a slimy trail in the water.

And heres a completed apart from the mast deathaglley:

clam:

Awesome work, Pyro :hat off

- and I really enjoy watching these. As said before, I really dont no much about this OOP game - but admire your love and passion for such a long gone game.

Any miniatures left to paint, now?

Willmark:

Agreed this looks good we need to get more of a cd presence in Man O War and Pyro and his forum is leading thew way.

Pyro Stick:

Finally got a few units done and im very pleased with them. The Great Leveller is only needing a few more details done and then thats it. Then i have about 2 more fleet boxes to paint but most of those might end up getting sold or traded for some Hellrammers to complete my Plaguefleet. Might just add one more unit of Thunder Rollers to this fleet and be done with it.

And a pic of how the Death Galleys are coming along. Still need their Masts and until then they are going to look pretty pitiful lol.

Bassman:

Awesome Chaos Dwarfs fleet and beautiful color scheme. I approve :slight_smile: