[Archive] Question Regarding War Machines w/ Daemonsmiths in CC

Novos:

Hey all!

Had a quick question about our war machines in close combat. If one of our machines gets charged, does the smith that is with the unit get to join the fight?

The specific wording is that a Daemonsmith within 3" may bestow one re-roll and take a lookout sir, but it doesn’t say anything about the smith being in the unit. Does this mean we have to wait for our turn to counter charge with the smith?

Any info you guys could provide would be awesome.

Thanks!!!

- Robby

MadHatter:

Hey all!

Had a quick question about our war machines in close combat. If one of our machines gets charged, does the smith that is with the unit get to join the fight?

The specific wording is that a Daemonsmith within 3" may bestow one re-roll and take a lookout sir, but it doesn't say anything about the smith being in the unit. Does this mean we have to wait for our turn to counter charge with the smith?

Thanks!!!
- Robby

Novos
Yes I think so, if you want to fight w. the DS you'll have to charge the round after. I've found a weak fireball is wonderful to avoid weak but fast stuff like warhounds to reach them, then a Naptha Bomb is quite nice for cleaning up the last wound :cheers

Novos:

Hey all!

The specific wording is that a Daemonsmith within 3" may bestow one re-roll and take a lookout sir, but it doesn't say anything about the smith being in the unit. Does this mean we have to wait for our turn to counter charge with the smith?

Thanks!!!
- Robby

Novos
Yes I think so, if you want to fight w. the DS you'll have to charge the round after. I've found a weak fireball is wonderful to avoid weak but fast stuff like warhounds to reach them, then a Naptha Bomb is quite nice for cleaning up the last wound :cheers

MadHatter
Great idea! And come to think of it I it's probably better if he's not in close combat. Give him a chance to escape and wreak some havoc while he runs lol!

MadHatter:

Hey all!

Thanks!!!
- Robby

Novos

MadHatter
Great idea! And come to think of it I it's probably better if he's not in close combat. Give him a chance to escape and wreak some havoc while he runs lol!

Novos
Yeah :) well w. Ensorcelled weapon atleast he's got 2 str 5 attacks and a 4+ save! The real damage comes from the warmachine rerolls he provides! W. Fireball and a bomb he might give them 1-2 extra rounds of shooting :)