[Archive] Question: Stand & Shoot 360 line of sight?

Singleton Mosby:

I was playing a game against Empire the other day where I was charging my Khan on wolf into the rear of his Pistoliers.

Now he said his reaction was Stand & Shoot. So I told him I was charging his unit from the rear and he could only S&S if I had charged him in the front arc. He didn’t agree with me as the S&S rules do not state anything like this. It only says a ‘normal’ shooting attack is made. ‘Normal’ shooting is according to the BRB shooting against an enemy in the forward arc.

In the end we agreed to disagree and rolled a die. Which I of course lost so my Khan was shot and killed and the pistoliers ravaged my artillery park.

Now, how can I convince him his interpretation of the rules were wrong? Or wasn’t he?

Vardan Painkiller:

In previous edition fast calvary could shoot 360 degree. But normaly units can only make S&S in forward arc because it is a shooting attack. So unles special exception is in place u have been cheated.

Singleton Mosby:

Felt like it indeed. But I couldn’t find anything in the BRB to convince him with.

frogbear:

Way to abuse the rules imo

Bolg:

He was wrong, you were right.

And what he did was bend the rules, if its the same guy that lthat nasty Empire army you should say that:" The internet says you should find other people to play against" Or that I said that as there has not be any edition in warhammer that allowed a stand and shoot when charged in the back (unless skrimish, and that wont even work anymore in 8th).

I’m actually getting angry from reading this. It will be in the rulebook somewhere but still what an…

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Page 17 refers to a Stand and Shoot reaction as an out-of-sequence shooting attack. When we go look at how to make shooting attacks, targets must be within the front arc.

Grimbold Blackhammer

Singleton Mosby:

He was wrong, you were right.
And what he did was bend the rules, if its the same guy that lthat nasty Empire army you should say that:" The internet says you should find other people to play against" Or that I said that as there has not be any edition in warhammer that allowed a stand and shoot when charged in the back (unless skrimish, and that wont even work anymore in 8th).

I'm actually getting angry from reading this. It will be in the rulebook somewhere but still what an......

Bolg
Well, you might be playing against him next time we "suit" up. Might be fun as he dislikes Chaos Dwarfs cause they are "unbalanced, overpowered and broken".
His words before ramming a steamtank and demigryphs into my lines whilst hellblastering me to shreds. (still a bit sore after a game in which the winds of magic and arty-dice were not in my favor at all)