[Archive] Random Chaos Dwarf Sorceror Conversion

MrDw:

It’s been a long time since I did anything resembling work involving Chaos Dwarves, but on a random search I found a cool Chaos Dwarf Sorceror conversion using the cannon engineer guy in the BFSP set.

Of course, this then gave me my own little idea on how to do the Sorcerors mask/helm/face thing.

End result are these weird guys:

These were just a few minutes of random kitbashing to see what would happen. I actually quite liked the Sorceror Lord, he looks um… I almost said intimidating, but even with the giant skull and horns on his back, he’s still shorter than the shortest Dark Elf in my DE army.

The Lore of Metal one I wanted to reflect in his model his lore, thus he kept the original staff head (but shortened), and has goggles on his helm/mask instead of a visor (which doesn’t come out too well in the image) like on the Lord.

Think I might edit the Lords base so he’s standing on a large stone. Just to give him more height and make the skull horns easier to rank :wink:

Xander:

Looking good man! Love those goggles!

Grongi Blackbeard:

i dont usually think that random conversion is a good idea, but here it turned out good:cheers

Dragonforce? XD

Pyro Stick:

They look good from what i can see. I guess i should give converting that guy a go. Everyone seems to turn him into a sorceror. Individual close ups and painted pics would be awesome. The warriors in the background look like they have a good paint job as well.

Ingrown:

They look good from what i can see. I guess i should give converting that guy a go. Everyone seems to turn him into a sorceror. Individual close ups and painted pics would be awesome. The warriors in the background look like they have a good paint job as well.

Pyro Stick
You could always go crazy an make him something wild ... like a crewman for a war machine :D
Really like tha conversion of him here tho :hat off

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Now that is a very creative use for the iron fist! :hat I’d give them a furry cloak and put lots of flames on the base. That would look wild.

MrDw:

Actually, the lord isn’t going to have his base specially done as I’ll be making a special carrying thing for him. He’s so old that I’m going to paint him as though he’s started turning to stone, and he’ll be carried on a slab of stone by either 2 or 4 greenskins (gnoblars?Goblins?hobbos? who knows!). Of course it’ll be part unit filler as it’ll be on a 40x40 mm base, but I’ll mark where the lord is on the base.

I think before due to the long process of greenstuffing individual soldiers, I got burnt out quickly. This time, I’ll be doing a much simpler conversion, and also all characters/weapon crewdwarfs will have those iron fist mask/helms.

And also, I’ve now played my first game. 2k points multiplayer, 2v2 game. Sadly out of Khorne, Tomb Kings and High Elves, I got paired with High Elves.

I discovered two units of 15 blunderbussiers… pretty much made up for alot of my tactical errors. It was also pretty overpowering so in the interest of being nice, I’ll only take one now and take lots of slaves.

And holding up the entire khorne army with the earthshaker as it advanced on my ally elf was well, fantastic. It killed 3 warriors, but made it so the Elves charged where they wanted to and won combats.

High Points:

Killing over half a tomb guard full unit with one shot.

Killing 7 bloodletters, 4 archer skeletons in one shot, ruining one flank and a charge.

I love this army :hat off

Canix:

Hey i really like your conversions nice sorc .What an imaginative helmet mask he does look intimidating with those horns too:hat off

cornixt:

The horns are a bit large, other than that they look great

MrDw:

Decided to quickly give all my 40 warriors and 15 blunderbussier volunteers a quick mask. Also you can see some death rocket crewmen behind the Blunderbussiers.

This is not the final look for the blunderbussiers, their guns will be recieving the dragon treatment (I can’t remember who did it first and I can’t find it :frowning: ) just so they pop as something other than masked Thunderers.

I have around 10 thunderers being mailed to me soonish, so once I get those, the other 15 will be done. (that mail has the dragon heads :slight_smile: )

Malificant:

i, the mighty moocher of ideas, while i dont personally care for the masks on dwarfs(ironfist is a little big here), i WILL be stealing the idea and using them to add masks to my ogre unit fillers!

as this is going to be a project of mine, credit will be given where credit is due when i compile the whole thing into my tournement packet.

cornixt:

It’s not exactly an original idea, I did it a couple of years ago and I probably wasn’t the first by a long shot.

MrDw:

It's not exactly an original idea, I did it a couple of years ago and I probably wasn't the first by a long shot.

cornixt
So I don't have to feel too guilty then? :hat off

MrDw:

Apologies to post after my own, but I’m going to be posting a picture of my first painted 10 warriors, wondering if I should continue it here or start a new thread, or start an army blog one?

Planning to be painting 30 more warriors, 10 centaurs, 30 Blunders, 20 hobbos, ((10 centaurs,2 death rockets, 2 bolt throwers)waiting for delivery) and a hellcannon/earthshaker. Just thinking carrying on in this thread with it’s title is a bit misleading :~

Malificant:

howabout an army blog?

MrDw:

Then I shall! Onwards to a new section!

Kera foehunter:

Great army Mr dw. LOOK OUT!!! You’re being attack by elves.

AGPO:

What exactly is the awesome metal mini on the top of the paint station? The one dwarfing all those dark elves?

MrDw:

I believe it’s a Cynwall Elf Construct, I saw the model and simply had to buy it.

http://www.rackham-store.com/boutique_us/liste_produits.cfm?type=576&code_lg=lg_us&num=38

There’s a link to it.

Pyro Stick:

I thought it was an eldar when i first saw it