[Archive] Re-casting Zonk's Big Hats

bolt:

This thread is started in the possibility of re-casting the line of Big Hats and other figures that Zonk sculpted since he has fled the scene.

If you are located in the UK and have a selection of Zonk’s minis, I’d be happy to travel to meet up with you to plan a re-cast.

What is in it for you? Well, unlimited castings of your figures for whatever purpose you please. You can have yourself a massive Zonk army.

For anyone else who would like to help out, you’ll receive the same, and if you were owed miniatures then the added bonus of the sweet cold taste of revenge. :cheers

If this is successful, I’ll try to fill the orders that Zonk never sent out, for the price of the resin and postage, but I have no interest in being in the miniatures business. This doesn’t mean that master moulds could be passed on to someone who wants to make a go of it.

This thread is open to any similar efforts wherever they may be, but lets keep the conversation positive and try to put the past behind us.

:hat off

Zuh-Khinie:

With Shakhorths first buy, Zonk included an extra miniature (a champion with a pistol). Since he gave it to me, and the fact that I’ll never use it, I’d be happy to send it to whomever wants to recast it.

However, if recasts are going to be made, I suggest that the people who ordered, never received their package, and can prove it by sharing their PMs, to get priority.

EDIT: btw, isn’t it illegal to recast Zonk’s miniatures? -even though he’s a gorram frakhead-

bolt:

Thanks for the offer Zuh-Khinie, one mini is as good a place as any to start.

I thought I made it pretty clear in the above post that this isn’t an exercise in selling miniatures, it’s to get some back to those who lost out. The priorty should go to those who help out, then to those who never received their orders, IMHO.

I’m not naive enough to think this will work out, but industrious enough to give it a try. Even if only one free figure of Zonks is distributed to those he ripped off, I’ll feel that much better. :slight_smile:

hobomcg:

4 Months after ordering an ass cannon, i am yet to receive it. And in light of this new information i doubt i ever will.

bolt:

Of course there will be those few claiming to have made orders for a free ride on whatever might come out of this volunteer effort. Hopefully the Mods can verify who Zonk sent PMs to concerning actual orders.

gIL^:

I would say only people on the list gets them as free rides would damage the community. I sent you a PM bolt with the original 1st casts up for a recasting.

Grimstonefire:

Afaik you have to be a legal business entity to claim IP, without this or any form of copyright there would be nothing to protect. Meaning it could be copied.

Just my understanding. This seems to fall outside the forum rules I think (?).

Zanko:

I have glued and nearly finished the painting of the AssCannon!

In the process of preparing to glue the model several pieces broke apart, so the AssCannon is no more usable as a mould - I presume!

But I can send you the 3 crewmen (Marauder style - no BigHat) if you want - just need your address!

I’m really sorry that we all (especially myself) were hoodwinked by this…! :frowning:

:hashut

Murdock129:

Bolg has an Ass-Cannon that could be moulded?

Also I ordered an Ass-Cannon, Lammasu and leader with a sword, if freebies are on offer I’d love those three, particularily said Ass-Cannon

wallacer:

Thread closed.

I appreciate that people feel aggrieved about what has happened, and that nobody has suggested moulding the figures as a money making exercise, but the forum can’t be seen to publically countenance this kind of thing.

If people feel aggrieved about not getting their figures (and I certainly don’t blame them for feeling that, or for looking for some kind of redress) it would be appreciated if they could work it out a bit more discreetly rather than publically on the CDO forum.

The relevant forum rule is as follows:

Casting and Mould Making @ CDO…

…Any such threads that advertise the sale of, or requests of, such models will be locked very quickly.  

bolt:

This thread is started in the possibility of re-casting the line of Big Hats and other figures that Zonk sculpted since he has fled the scene.

If you are located in the UK and have a selection of Zonk’s minis, I’d be happy to travel to meet up with you to plan a re-cast.

What is in it for you? Well, unlimited castings of your figures for whatever purpose you please. You can have yourself a massive Zonk army.

For anyone else who would like to help out, you’ll receive the same, and if you were owed miniatures then the added bonus of the sweet cold taste of revenge. :cheers

If this is successful, I’ll try to fill the orders that Zonk never sent out, for the price of the resin and postage, but I have no interest in being in the miniatures business. This doesn’t mean that master moulds could be passed on to someone who wants to make a go of it.

This thread is open to any similar efforts wherever they may be, but lets keep the conversation positive and try to put the past behind us.

:hat off

Zuh-Khinie:

With Shakhorths first buy, Zonk included an extra miniature (a champion with a pistol). Since he gave it to me, and the fact that I’ll never use it, I’d be happy to send it to whomever wants to recast it.

However, if recasts are going to be made, I suggest that the people who ordered, never received their package, and can prove it by sharing their PMs, to get priority.

EDIT: btw, isn’t it illegal to recast Zonk’s miniatures? -even though he’s a gorram frakhead-

bolt:

Thanks for the offer Zuh-Khinie, one mini is as good a place as any to start.

I thought I made it pretty clear in the above post that this isn’t an exercise in selling miniatures, it’s to get some back to those who lost out. The priorty should go to those who help out, then to those who never received their orders, IMHO.

I’m not naive enough to think this will work out, but industrious enough to give it a try. Even if only one free figure of Zonks is distributed to those he ripped off, I’ll feel that much better. :slight_smile:

hobomcg:

4 Months after ordering an ass cannon, i am yet to receive it. And in light of this new information i doubt i ever will.

bolt:

Of course there will be those few claiming to have made orders for a free ride on whatever might come out of this volunteer effort. Hopefully the Mods can verify who Zonk sent PMs to concerning actual orders.

gIL^:

I would say only people on the list gets them as free rides would damage the community. I sent you a PM bolt with the original 1st casts up for a recasting.

Grimstonefire:

Afaik you have to be a legal business entity to claim IP, without this or any form of copyright there would be nothing to protect. Meaning it could be copied.

Just my understanding. This seems to fall outside the forum rules I think (?).

Zanko:

I have glued and nearly finished the painting of the AssCannon!

In the process of preparing to glue the model several pieces broke apart, so the AssCannon is no more usable as a mould - I presume!

But I can send you the 3 crewmen (Marauder style - no BigHat) if you want - just need your address!

I’m really sorry that we all (especially myself) were hoodwinked by this…! :frowning:

:hashut

Murdock129:

Bolg has an Ass-Cannon that could be moulded?

Also I ordered an Ass-Cannon, Lammasu and leader with a sword, if freebies are on offer I’d love those three, particularily said Ass-Cannon

wallacer:

Thread closed.

I appreciate that people feel aggrieved about what has happened, and that nobody has suggested moulding the figures as a money making exercise, but the forum can’t be seen to publically countenance this kind of thing.

If people feel aggrieved about not getting their figures (and I certainly don’t blame them for feeling that, or for looking for some kind of redress) it would be appreciated if they could work it out a bit more discreetly rather than publically on the CDO forum.

The relevant forum rule is as follows:

Casting and Mould Making @ CDO…

…Any such threads that advertise the sale of, or requests of, such models will be locked very quickly.