[Archive] Real life issue, help needed, free to help, please consider

AndyG:

Normally I would ask, as I try to keep a distance between my serious life and my hobbies, however I would like toke a short, serious request…

I have a very close friend, their relative is seriously ill and was recently moved to a Hospice in Essex, UK for their remaining days; an expected 4 weeks. The hospice have now said she does not fit the criteria for care as she is expected to live more than two weeks, and are making arrangements to force moving her to a nursing home. This drastically reduces the amount of visiting to just a few hours a day, reducing the time her husband and young child get to spend with her.

There is a petition to attempt to stop this, which can be signed here:

Petition Here

Anyone, from any country can sign this, and I would be grateful if you would give it some consideration, as this is causing a great deal of stress, anxiety and upset. Especially to the 7 year old child about to lose her mum.

Many thanks for reading.

AndyG

Bloodbeard:

Link doesn’t work, would sign if I could.

Abecedar:

Sorry Andy… The Link didn’t work for me either. I would help if i could

Rigid FN Health department rules can be so ridiculous. Dr’s can only ever guess at timelines. They say someone will live only a few weeks and they live for years. And the opposite for my mum, it was weeks as opposed to the years they expected. I know that the health profession is a mass of variables and really having a a government dept or an institution stating absolutes is crap. I’m a paramedic and this type of thing lands on our feet all the time. The only reason we stay in this job is the desire/need to help people and we run into things like this here as well and it blood… well shi…s me, because we can’t do anything

Eddandme:

The current link is http://http//Petition · We want you to let Debbie Lane (aged just 44) stay in the Pilgrims Hospice for her remainig few weeks of her life. · Change.org

If you remove the bold part of the link then the website works, at least for me.

Sticklander:

Signed!

Hope she gets the peace she deserves.

Admiral:

Signed. Tragic to hear.

torn:

I’m sorry to hear this is happening. I know it may not be appropriate or available in your area but when we had a relative in the same position we found a religious hospice ran by nuns that was willing to take her.

AndyG:

I have now fixed the link and it is working correctly.

Thank you so much to everyone who has signed.

It really means a lot to have such a community that you can go to with real life issues as well as issues of plastic and paint.

If I had enough, I’d give you all a hundred slaves a piece.

Final, if anyone is willing, I know the family would greatly appreciate any further publicity. If you use other forums, Facebook, Twitter, etc. the family originally set their target of 500 signatures, however, I am passionate about anyone who is terminally ill, having the peace and dignity they deserve, having their wishes respected, and the opportunity to be surrounded by their loved ones. And I think it is terrible that someone should be forced to move simply to save a few pounds a day, for so terribly few days. And so I would love to see this original target doubled.

gIL^:

Ive spread it around hopefully we can get the signatures needed.

KramDratta:

Signed!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

MadHatter:

Signed and forwarded.

Abecedar:

Have signed now. Good Luck.

AndyG:

Just a quick thank you. I had a call from my friend this morning, with his mother, Jenny, it tears of joy at the overwhelming response. They had though that not many people would care and they would be lucky to get 500 signatures. So far there are 1200+ signatures and counting.

There is currently around a week before the proposed moving of Debbie, so the more signatures we have, hopefully the more the hospice will sit up and take notice that people around the world support the wishes of a dying woman.

Thank you all so much.

Andy, on behlaf of the Lane family.

Bloodbeard:

Signed and shared. Hope it’ll make some kind of difference for the poor family. Fighting a system is hard.

MadHatter:

Fighting a system is hard.

Bloodbeard
Indeed. I'd like to add a bit of advice here, you guys have over a thousand signatures now, I would advice involving the local press when presenting the signatures. I can't stress this enough, even the most cold-hearted of wanna-be gordon gecko stereotypes know such publicity is beyond bad for personal reputation and business. Call them up with the story, preferably contact the journalist directly, free-lances are the best, dont notice the nursinghome about this but save the chockvalue, that pushes them into their humble, giving and caring public crisis-management strategy. Again, best of luck!

Admiral:

Good advice, MadHatter.

Kera foehunter:

My Heart goes out to you and your friends I happy for the Crusade you have taken on Andy.

:cheers

Yodrin:

Yes, fighting the system is hard, and I totally agree with Madhatter. Good luck Andy, and I wish you and your friends family the best.

Btw, signed;)

AndyG:

To everyone here, who signed the petition and posted here in support, or just signed the petition.

I would like to extend the sincerest thanks of the Lane family.

The were informed today that upon review Debbie’s case, she will be allowed to stay at the hospice until such time as she no longer requires the space.

This is a massive triumph for Debbie and the whole family.

Thank you all.

As I have previously said, if I had enough, I’d give you all a hundred slaves, your support has meant more than you know to people you will never met.

Thank you

MadHatter:

To everyone here, who signed the petition and posted here in support, or just signed the petition.
I would like to extend the sincerest thanks of the Lane family.
The were informed today that upon review Debbie's case, she will be allowed to stay at the hospice until such time as she no longer requires the space.
This is a massive triumph for Debbie and the whole family.
Thank you all.
As I have previously said, if I had enough, I'd give you all a hundred slaves, your support has meant more than you know to people you will never met.
Thank you

AndyG
Great to hear Andy

:cheers