[Archive] Recasts? **This message was automatically appended because it was too short.**

ingtar_shinowa:

I saw these guys on Ebay and was wondering if its fishy due the the comment that they are smaller than other GW figures :-p

http://cgi.ebay.com/Big-Hat-Chaos-Dwarfs-Marauder-OOP-/180606462215?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0cfbe907

Grimstonefire:

It certainly does sound a bit fishy.

They are smaller than the GW big hat chaos dwarfs.
They ARE GW big hat chaos dwarfs…? Or are they…

Nicodemus:

They are smaller than the GW big hat chaos dwarfs.
I think they look OK. I know it's hard to judge fully from small photos, but there isn't anything that immediately betrays them as recasts.

The seller is correct, however, the CD-A and CD-B mail order Chaos Dwarfs that are shown really are smaller than the plastic Chaos Dwarf Warriors or the big hat metal ones... but I don't think in-and-of-itself that the comment is any indication that they're recasts.

~N

nitroglysarine:

its hard to tell.

but remember you are protected via paypal if they turn out to be fake, and it’s allot easier to tell in person.

-> plus you might get to keep them!

ingtar_shinowa:

Yeah I just read about a guy on BT that got hosed on ebay for similar stuff, i felt bad for him. I’ll keep an eye on them though. Just in case I ever need another 15-20 figures for an 8th edition horde!

Thorne:

They ‘look’ okay to me to be honest. Those models if I recall do look slightly shorter than a standard lead big hat warrior because of the pose. Like Nitro said you are protected by paypal too ?