[Archive] Recent 404 Errors

Xander:

In response to an attack on the server that CDO is hosted on, our host has been taking sites offline to prevent server wide failure. I usually just have to do a quick fix when it happens, but as you have no doubt seen, the page will return a 404 error.

I have been doing my best to stay on top of it. Just thought I’d let you know. Our host is aware of the problem and is trying to limit further down time.

Cheers,

~Xander :cheers

P.S. Well done to all on the Blood Bowl Poll!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Thank you, Mr. Xander and I hope they sort it soon to reduce your workload!

P.S. Thanks :smiley: I try :wink:

Kera foehunter:

thank god!!! i thought it was my old computer why i couldn’t get on

cornixt:

I had some for ages this morning (okay, 30 mins).

How long have the new reply/new thread labels been there?

Ghrask Dragh:

:smiley: noticed that aswell, totally tripped me out this morning, I need my CDO fix before the day starts :slight_smile:

Sojourn:

lol, this is me… dum dee dummmm, AH! phones/msgs/text msgs Xander "CDO down! ahhh!"

fixed. heh. n_n

Willmark:

Xander and I have been discussing this issue. Might be covered in a future podcast… :slight_smile:

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Aw Willmark I think there are a few more exciting topics out there than server issues to discuss in a podcast. :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

Sorjorn ! You have xander on speed dial lol

Sojourn:

lol, damn straight Kera. :stuck_out_tongue: can’t go without my CDO… I mean, Xander. :wink:

clam:

Lots of 404s today - again :frowning:

Xander:

Ya, it’s getting kind of annoying, I know… :confused:

Willmark:

Good news is that now that I’m an admin I can fix it as well, so in short I’m keeping an eye out for it now too.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I don’t know if it’s just me but I am constantly getting 404’s here. The start page loads fine usually but as soon as I start opening threads every second or third of them won’t load right away and will require some restarts until it works. It’s quite frustrating at the moment I have to say, especially when I post a response somewhere and the page then shows an error message. :frowning:

Willmark:

I don't know if it's just me but I am constantly getting 404's here. The start page loads fine usually but as soon as I start opening threads every second or third of them won't load right away and will require some restarts until it works. It's quite frustrating at the moment I have to say, especially when I post a response somewhere and the page then shows an error message. :(

Ishkur Cinderhat
Best bet is to make sure you copy your post before you post it should something go awry.

cornixt:

There’s a few more of us who have the ability to fix it now (and over several time zones), so when it goes down it will be up again more quickly.

Servius:

after investigating the problem myself… i noted that its only on specific name servers… so basically the idea of the DDoS Attacks is a fraud… cphosting has many issues one of which is this one… it seems that the only found fix is to upgrade the account to a premium one… Sounds to me that its the whole… you dont pay as much so dont get as much… Today it was down for me from 2:00 pm to nearly 6:00… sounds like a free month to me.

Willmark:

Sorry guys I wasn’t on much to look after the site today!

Obsidian:

Last night I couldn’t get on the site at all! Very, very annoying!!!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Ironically, I had an error trying to open this thread. But, I went back a page and tried again and it was fine.