[Archive] Recent Discovery

Lord Archaon:

I was reading Mathias Thulmann The Witch Hunter novel and suddenly i’ve noticed this:

Pre-story:
Mathias Thulmann is traveling with a dwarf engineer called Fergim Ironsharp through Sylvania and suddenly they are ambushed by a pack of ghouls.

Quote from the novel:

With a low moan-like howl, the loathsome throng began to sprint toward the coach.
“Hashut’s bald beard!” screamed Fergim, ripping his throwing axe from his belt.
Why would a dwarf engineer mention a Chaos Dwarf god in this situation? I thought that Chaos Dwarfs are the worst enemies of the Dwarfs and they never mention them to anyone, because they want to CD existence a secret.
And does Hashut has a beard? Bearded demon?

What do you think about that guys?

WhyNotCrashDifferently?:

Just a curse, I’d say. Probably a particularly foul curse in Dwarf circles.

"By Valaya’s swingin’ teats!"

That sort of foul.

Gaixo:

Well, he’s cursing. Not much different from a Christian exclaiming “hellfire” or something to do with damnation. Also, “bald beard” is obviously a derisive term, so it’s making fun of Hashut as well.

Nice find, though. It’s a pretty funny line.

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

Thats a sneaky little CD mention :), whos the CD loving author

Lord Archaon:

Yeah it’s a curse, but the interesting thing is that he said it in front of men, not dwarfs, and as far as i know Dwarfs are always keeping there grudges and never tell about them to any other race, so by telling this curse in front of Mathias aren’t the dwarf dishonour himself by doing so?

@This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:  Mathias Thulmann was written by C.L.Werner

Allanp:

this is true. but then i am not sure all dwarves would keep their cool if they suddenly got rushed by a horde of ghouls.

its definatly a curse and generaly just making fun of hashut imo. the bounder!!! nice little find though. see the group must be making an impact if you can get a CD mention in a novel :slight_smile: :hat off

dedwrekka:

With a low moan-like howl, the loathsome throng began to sprint toward the coach.
"Hashut's bald beard!" screamed Fergim, ripping his throwing axe from his belt.
Why would a dwarf engineer mention a Chaos Dwarf god in this situation? I thought that Chaos Dwarfs are the worst enemies of the Dwarfs and they never mention them to anyone, because they want to CD existence a secret.
And does Hashut has a beard? Bearded demon?

What do you think about that guys?

Lord Archaon
Definitely a curse. Remember how shaving a dwarf's beard started a giant war that lasted many hundreds of years? He's giving a curse saying that Hashut has no beard ("Bald beard"), thus would be a major insult or curse.

Swissdictator:

That’s awesome! Witch hunters from the Empire, and mentions of Chaos Dwarfs. How can I not love it?

I may have to pick up the omnibus now. Is it in the first 3 books?

warh:

i think the dwarf is a chaos dwarf,and hes taking the witch hunter to the dark lands to KILL HIM!!!(or make a slave of him)

Lord Archaon:

It’s mentioned in Meat Wagon part of the book, and it is published only in the omnibus i guess.

Ancient History:

Werner also had the Chaos Dwarf character [[Zhardrach]] in the novel Palace of the Plague Lord. I think he likes us!