[Archive] Redhammer's Chaos Dwarf conversions! [updated 12/16/10]

dncswlf:

Wow redhammer, great progress, and kudos on the better pics too! Can’t wait to see them painted up!

AGPO:

Top work there, the beards look really good! Only thing I’d recommend is to try and reduce the size of the bottom lip and the tusks, as they dominate a little too much. Keep up the good work!

Redhammer:

Hmm… That’s a good point. The faces are quite large. I did discover, as I was building my blunderbuss champion, that I’ve been smiling like an idiot every time I make their noses. I think that’s my favorite part :stuck_out_tongue:

Still, I have been atempting to make the tusks/lip/nose not as big, and my BSB probably is the best face I’ve made so far. Such tiny bits of green stuff are hard to get familiar with.

nitroglysarine:

Actually, greenstuff is safe to eat, but I wouldn't recommend it, lol :D

Hashut's Blessing
No its not.. It has a number of toxicity warnings.
Both parts Bisphenol A Diglycidyl Ether resin & Polyamide Resin are both a class 2 health risk
do some research or Look to the label before you take your next bite..
It states
Health Precautions
�?� May cause irritation to sensitive skin. Wash
hands with soap and water after use.
�?� May be harmful if swallowed.
�?� Eye irritant. In case of contact, flush with water.
Contact physician.
�?� Keep out of reach of children.
�?� When sanding cured putty and substrate, use
protective eye wear and dust mask.

zsoulless
Reminds me of the time I looked up water in a book called "Dangerous Properties of Industrial Materials".
Water was listed as 'Irritant' - made me giggle.

Hashut’s Blessing:

zsoulless: The operative word is MAY and it’s a precaution. Also, the quantity necessary for it to cause any real problems is quite a lot more than the average person would ingest from simply using saliva to moisten their (sculpting!) tool. I actually know someone that CHEWS his greenstuff to mix it, lol.

But, it IS best to pay heed to those instructions, just don’t panic overly if you did get a smidge from your sculpting tool and use water in the future!

nitro: That is highly amusing. Yet true ^^

nitroglysarine:

That’s true, chocolate is in fact poisonous, but you would have to eat something like 20lb of in 24 hours for it to kill you.

And I suspect a diabetic coma might come first.

Fequiil:

�?� Keep out of reach of children

zsoulless
oops...:~

sparrow:

Well you know the things that taste the best are always bad for you, Chocolate, Deep fried boost bars, Pork pies, Any of Mr Kiplings excedingly delicious cakes, Spam, Green stuff, ah the list is endless.

Redhammer, your photos have gotten much easier to see. They’re looking good, just watch out for those sticky fingers.:slight_smile:

Jon

Redhammer:

Well, time for another update!  I haven’t had the most time recently, but this morning I was able to work a little bit on a couple guys.

First up, is my newest guy:

The Blunderbuss musician.  I love his pig snout, and an interesting thing to note is that his hat is slightly smaller than the others, which makes him look considerably shorter than the rest.  I think its perfect :D  I need to change his drum a little to make it not so obviously regular Dwarf… any suggestions?

Next up are three (not so good) pictures of my other project- my first crack at a Death Rocket:

I’m a little disappointed with how this one turned out.  I was hoping it would be a bit better than it actually looks…  To me it seems like a failed death rocket, but I am operating under a “not what I expected” mood right now. I’d love some feedback on this thing, as I think its alright, but not what I was hoping for.

nitroglysarine:

I think the rocket will work with a tiny bit more work, maybe based and with a few more chains?

Redhammer:

Yeah… I wanted it to look like it was barely being restrained. More chains could help with this look. I’ll play around with the rocket tonight and see if I can come up with anything. Maybe I’ll put te crew together tonight as well.

Oh, and I’m now done with finals, so I have a nice bit of time to put into these guys now. I’m going to try and pick up some paints I need today and start painting these guys! …although if I do paint tonight, I’ll probably finish off my Blood Bowl team first…

Redhammer:

Well, if there is one thing I never learned, it was “start small and then slowly grow.”  To prove my lack of learning this lesson, here is my latest model, the real Damekker the Bleak!

That’s right!  The classic Taurus arrived today in the mail!  I had to fill in the gaps with green stuff and glue on his wings, but its a great model I got for a ludicrously good deal (thanks eBay!).  The lord isn’t glued on yet, but I like how he’s turned out!  I have a new favorite piece in my Chaos Dwarf collection. :hat off

I’m considering adding reins and a throne for the lord, but that’s optional.  He needs something up there though, because I for one would never ride a Great Taurus bareback!

dncswlf:

I like the tusks on the lord on the taurus… nice job on him… he’ll look great all painted up!

Fequiil:

very nice mix of new and old you got there!

Redhammer:

Well… I’ve heard at least two comments on a need for these guys to get some paint. Tomorrow I’m going to try and swing by and pick up some of the colors I need to begin this force in earnest. I also have the standard bearer for the blunderbuss unit mostly done- just need to finish his back armor!

I hope to post some painted minis soon, and I’d ideally be done with ten blunderbussers before Christmas.

Loki:

Great conversion work on these guys , i am looking forward to what you come up with next :smiley:

nitroglysarine:

It is rather odd to see a CD with a sword TBH, however i think it works on this guy.

Nice work!

Balrogthebuff:

Very nice. Much better even than they sounded over the phone! I wasn’t so sure about the sword at first but now seeing the picture it fits well. I assume that is a marauder sword?

Redhammer:

I chose the sword because I wanted this guy to look distinct from the western dwarfs, who never use swords. Some of the classic Chaos Dwarf models were armed with scimitars, and I figured a marauder champion sword would at least be based on a design chaos dwarfs might use themselves.

So yes, that is a marauder champion’s sword.